RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom design Fender eliminator kit (aka Tail tidy) for 2009 - 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6f, ER6n.
Made from 1/8 thick aluminum sheet (5052-H32), laser cut and CNC bent. Powder coated in matte black. Proudly designed and manufactured in Canada.

This fender eliminator kit reuses ALL STOCK items – turn signals, license plate light and light reflectors - mounted on the stock fender and puts them in a more compact space.
Keep your bright, highly visible turn signals and light reflectors! Safety first ! All stock = less headache with insurance companies :)

Included in the kit are fender bracket, spacers (2x) and mounting screws (2x).

Installation of this kit does not require any modifications of the stock components and is fully reversible (just keep your old parts).
Model years 2009, 2010, 2011. Other years may fit also, but not guaranteed. Interface dimensions attached for reference.

Installation instructions:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1y8mb77gSYHVDlXTjR3M0RISWs/edit?usp=sharing

Optional cargo hooks can be mounted on two locations on each side of the fender bracket.This is a separate item and it is not included in this kit!

Listed on ebay here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131286006887?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
with more pictures, interface dimensions and installation instructions.

DSC01203_zpsefe01889.jpg
SideView_zpsf714d1a6.jpg
SideViewA_zps22d89e94.jpg
Hooks_zps439ea8be.jpg
RearViewA_zps10a73d99.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got one of those and it's a nice bit of kit !

It's a pain in the butt to get all the screws in because of the way the way Kawasaki designed our tail but once it's installed it's pretty nice and clean ! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. All 10 of the first batch sold.
Just made a new batch of a dozen this time.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
You seem pretty successful, so I'm wondering why you don't make them for other year models, cant be that big of a difference, and that would increase your profit potential. You should do other bike models and other Mfg bikes as well! Hell, 650shop would probably carry them too if you call and talk to Chuck, Bruce or Jen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to find someone local with '12-'14 bike willing to lend me a hand in measuring the interface dimensions. '09-'11 is totally different in the sub-frame. You are right thou - I have received 8 inquires till now for '12-'14 bike, but none of them local to me.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Your product looks fabulous, I really like how you hid the stalks from the pod blinkers behind the plate!
Could you order another brand aftermarket to help you get the basic dimensions down, I mean besides mounting and space between the top of your eliminator and the bottom of the tail, you pretty much already have a working design. Maybe if you offered a new 650 owner a free eliminator for helping you out you would get a volunteer.

I already have a yoshi that I'm happy with, but honestly I can't wait to see what you come out with next! You also need a facebook page. Just trying to help, sorry if I sound so bossy! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got mine finally installed! Looks great! Thanks again!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately not yet. Looking for a local volunteer to measure for the first prototype.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i bought this and i highly highly recommend anyone get one of these! gets rid of that gastly fender tail and cleans the rear end up nicely! very pleased with the quality and expediant shipping even if it is from Senators territory! ;P haha

-HimuraXBattousi (aka Cody)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts