RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 650 is gone, she was my first bike and we had so much fun together, rode the dragon, tested at the track, did a 600mile nonstop trip through the rain, she never missed a beat and for sure will be missed.

Ride smart and have fun guys!
Jason peace out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Best of luck with your future endeavors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a very enjoyable bike overall, and is aimed for commuting and to be user friendly with gear indicator, fuel gauge, adjustable levers on both sides, power socket and low seat height, it can also handle aggressive street riding no problem. But I want to do more track days next year and this is where the bike fell short, the suspension just can't keep the tire on the ground. I think the softness of the 650 amplifies rider errors and teaches you to be smooth which is a good thing, but when at higher lean the bike will chatter and slide around, when it happen it's very progressive but it happened too soon and prevent you from pushing it harder, I also had ground clearance issues even after I put on some raisers and cut the peg short. I looked into upgrading suspension and putting on rearsets but it just doesn't make economic sense, and right now I don't have the room for another bike so I had to let my beloved Ninja go and replace with something sportier.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that's a bit of an upgrade. (71hp claimed) to 158hp (claimed)

Ride safe.
Yep it's a big jump, but honestly the throttle on the BMW is much smoother it's actually easier to fine control it, I do need to respect the added power and don't get quite so eager with .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts