RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer yesterday and fell in love with a 2009 YZF-R6. Black with gold wheels/forks... I traded the Ninja in. I know I took a hit with trading it in, but I didn't want the burden of selling it privately and never getting what I'd wanted out of it.

Thanks for all the advice, tips, stories and EVERYTHING... This forum made my last 3 years on the 650r fun. Great Bike Overall. I'd recommend it to anyone. I just wanted more... (that's life)

I can only hope that the people on the R-6 forums are awesome as you all have been. I'll post up some pictures of my new baby once it stops raining here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats on the sweet upgrade.
Be careful on that beast. lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
enjoy and be sure to give us your riding, maintenance and ownership impressions after a few weeks.
It's always nice to know how bikes compare to each other, good or bad.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I can only hope that the people on the R-6 forums are awesome as you all have been.
brace yourself for the world of squids, especially on forums. over half the threads on R6 and GSXR forums are arguments over moving from a "mere" 600 to a liter bike, and just how long of a swingarm you can mount, or how wide a rear tire will fit on the stock rims.

but have fun on your new bike, youll appreciate it a whole lot more than 95% of the guys on those forums thats for sure!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sweet enjoy. Black n gold is sexy! Waiting for the pics.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Enjoy the ride and be safe! You'll find you have to lean more in the turns, a lot less leverage on the bars compared to the 650.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still raining here, but here's a picture of "Steel" from the net.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on making the move.
May I ask how it turned out number wise?
What did the new set of wheels set you back?
What did they give you for your trade?
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's just say, I gave it away for about $1,000 less than I would have liked for it. I didn't feel like dealing with selling it. I was too attached and I just had to get rid of it fast b4 I though about it too much. There was (at absolute most) $400 in damage. Just some very minorly scratched upper fairings.

Total #, after trade in, and $1,000 back for the Yamaha year end event... (only 1,000 for this model)... the final number after paperwork fees and crap was $7,400. That's what I paid for my 650R with a 5 year warranty 3.5 years ago. I was able to get 18 months of warranty, rather than 12 somehow (no additional fee)

I love it so far. It is what my 650 could never have been. the Ninja definitely had better mid range power. I'll give you my full opinion after routine break in period (when I can wind it up)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still adapting to the Race Inspired Suspension and Riding Position. Inital thoughts of the R6... it's a great bike. I'm sure it can do everything I want it to and then some.

If only the suspension of the 650R hadn't been so economically ($) engineered... it would have been a great bike to keep. I'm not a speed freak, so the power of the 650 was fine for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts