RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Fairing buzz fix

11K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  PeachesAndHerb 
#1 ·
So this is probably somewhere on the site, but i can't find it anywhere. I know everyone that rides the 650r has a problem with the fairings buzzing or something, and i am pretty sure that there was a recall or something for it? Since i'm not the original owner i don't think i can claim that recall. Does anyone have any home remedies for the vibration and buzzing?

#3 ·
First of all; if it was a recall you can get it fixed. I say if. I'm not sure if it was a recall or just a bulletin. My '07 already had the kit installed from the factory. Never had any buzzing with my bike. It really just consists of a bunch of nylon washers where all the fasteners are. The washer goes between the ajoining plastic pieces.

#4 ·
Back when I bought mine new, I noticed a little buzzing. I read somewhere that the culprit was under the wind screen. I removed it and the triangular plastic cover under it and added some sticky foam at several spots. Then replaced everything and buzzing solved. Give it a try.

#5 ·
can ya post some pics of what your explaining please? I really want to get mine fixed because its so annoying!

#11 ·
where can you buy this kit from? link please

#15 ·
It was an official recall, so you do not need to buy anything unless you want to fix it yourself. The problem is that if you only address one specific area, the buzz may very well shift to another spot. Run your VIN on the Kawasaki web site and see if the recall is outstanding on your bike. If it is, then the dealer is obligated to do it for you.

#22 ·
when I got the supplies to do it I realized the kit was already installed on my bike but it still buzzed like crazy so I took off their thin pads and put on my thicker pads and I have no rattle now!

#24 ·
I would just use weather striping, its only $3 for a huge roll of it and it works great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.