RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok kiddies...

I have had the bike back for about 2 weeks now. I rode it from San Francisco to San Diego, and around town for the last 2 weeks. Here is what i noticed.

1) The bike definately pulls harder in 1st and 2nd gears. Very slight throttle lag around 2k. but nowhere near as bad as it was stock.

2) Roll on response is also improved, 60 - 80 in about 2 seconds. dont have to downshift as much.

3) My choke now acts a little funny. I dont know if it is because of rejetting, but the choke dose not seem to have any affect on it. However it starts fine and about 20 seconds of running it a 2-3k rpm, warms it up nicely.

4) Gas mileage didnt drop as much as i though it would. I am averageing about 180-190 a tank. I am not the most civil of riders (I usually cruise 80-90 on the highway and get on it every once in a while) so i figure about 65=70 on a long trip would get me about 220 miles to the tank.

In conclusion, it is quite the little torque monster now. Martin (and scott if he can make it) are goning to get the opportunity to give it a ride this friday, and i am sure they can post they're comments on it. I am pretty happy with the work they did to it. It is definately an improvement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume price at dealer is the same as it is on the website. since my bike was the R&D model, they did full dyno on it. Factory's dyno measure real rear wheel HP, at after the kit , it is about 72 HP. Tourque is up considerably (48) and the curve now peaks around 8k.

Hope this helps...

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
I was impressed with the Factory Jet Kit in Desertwolf's bike. Throttle response was appearent (even before I put it in gear!). Even just pulling out of the parking lot, the low RPM roll-on power was really smooth. Once I hit the street, I just rolled on normally and it was pretty nice. Then I shifted down to a slow roll and screwed it on. The front tire immediately came about 3" off the ground. Instant torque! 2nd and 3rd gears we're also a noticeable difference. The total time I was on the bike was less than 5 minutes, but it was enough time to figure out that they did a pretty good job of improving a bike that doesn't have too many flaws to begin with. Dyno numbers.....bah!...who needs them! Just ride it and it's evident.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i got to ride desert's bike for 30 minutes or so while he rode mine to assess the corbin seat, lumina screen and pvc fork upgrade. i agree with martin, throttle response is smoother just reving it standing still. 1st gear wheelies on demand and lots more torque through 4000 to 5000 rpm. much smoother down there too. it's pretty much the same power as stock over 5000, maybe a little smoother. nice ride desert, thanks :)

scott

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The setup as follows....

Factory 1.0 jet kit, K&N Air filter, Stock exhaust. When they put it in, they also removed my EGR for me (Whoohoo!). (And i didnt know that untill Martin pointed it out)

Scott, Martin, glad you enjoyed it. I will have to say, that i really enjoyed Scott's setup. feels like a completly diffrent bike. thanks for letting me have a go at it. now down to the hardware store i go... :>)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Desert,
did you ever say how much the kit cost and if it is available to us yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts