RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Facrtory jet kit today and I am anxious to install it and I was wondering what settings people have come up with.

I ride my bike between 0' to 2000', 40F to 90F, dry climate. Mostly commuting and fun rides in the hills.

Factory lists a setting for conditions simliar to mine and I was wondering if anyone is running this setting and how they like it?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Chuck, I installed my Factory jet kit today. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona, where the altitude is about 1,200 feet above sea level. I installed per Factories directions and it seem to run well. I ended up adjusting the mixture screws in a little so I am at 2 1/4 turns out. I do have a Yoshimura race slip-on and during installation, I pulled the little white foam covered duhicky out of the air box lid. I do not have k&N air filter. I would go ahead and set it up with the 105 main jets. If you need to make an adjustment to the needle height, you can do that with the carbs on the bike--it takes out 50 minutes from start to finish--provided you have a very small phillips and a 90 degree phillips. Feel free to email me with any questions. Just rember, raising the needles, by lowering the clips, richens the mixture. Also, you will be starting with the needle in the #3 position (middle), make sure you put the two washers on top of the clip--this keeps the needles from bouncing around. One other thing, pay close attention to the intake boots between the carbs and the airbox, they are angled on the inside of the airbox and it makes a difference if you do not reinstall them properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts