RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where people put there EZ Pass, Fast Pass, Toll Tag, Similar easy toll pay receivers on there bike. We have EZ Pass up in the north east and I see some people put them under there wind screen though with the stock wind screen I am not sure where people put them. I don't use it much but I would just like to get some feed back on some of the commuters out there.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I tried to put it behind my Smoked Puig wind screen of my second-gen '07 but I would get the dreaded "go toll unpaid" from ez-pass on occasion. I don't like playing hit or miss, so I did the velcro to the front of the screen and it would get read every time but I feared it would fly off at highway speeds. So honestly, I keep my tag in my left back pocket, pull up slow and hold the tag above my head. It reads every time. However, if I were commuting daily on a toll road, I would have to break down and get one of those ez-pass bike mounts that looks like accessory mount for my transponder device. :mad::2cents:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Our toll tags down here are relatively small little chips affixed to stickers. I stuck it beneath the passenger seat on the inside edge of the plastics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was just wondering where people put there EZ Pass, Fast Pass, Toll Tag, Similar easy toll pay receivers on there bike. We have EZ Pass up in the north east and I see some people put them under there wind screen though with the stock wind screen I am not sure where people put them. I don't use it much but I would just like to get some feed back on some of the commuters out there.
In Houston, they give us the big motorcycle tags - its about as think as 7 or so credit cards, and about the same dimensions.

They tell us that we can put int in our jacket pockets,w hich i do.

However: It almost never works for me. I've had two units now, and they just don't register.
Luckily for me, if the EZ-tag doesn't register, they snap a picture of your plate, and if you have it registered, you are still A-OK.

I sometimes have to go around the arm that comes down in some of the lanes because the tag doesn't trigger. Its kinda a pain...

·
Banned
142 Posts
I removed one from my bike... came from chicago, the guy got power from under the 12v relay/starter power block under the right hand silver/grey cover under the seat, had the unit caulked/ double stuck to the front of the battery box and the battery for the unit double stuck/caulked/zip tied to the "sub frame" support.

Dont know how well it worked but it wasnt going anywhere in a hurry

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
I tried mine in my chest pocket. Didn't work. I put it in the map pocket of my tank bag and it worked maybe 2/3 of the time. They take a pic of your tag here too so I never got fined. now that I have a fairing bike i have it attached to the inside of my windscreen at the bottom. It has worked every time. My screen is light tint. I was told by a guy that used to work for MDOT that the toll facility needs to be able to "see" the transponder.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just cover your plate and roll on through, lol

but seriously

·
Registered
630 Posts
In California the law says the transponder must be in plain view. So, if I'm not running a tank bag it sits on a velcro strip on the gas cap. If I'm using a bag, then it goes right in the top of it, or the front pocket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts