RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and was caught in a downpour. it was my own famn dault, as i ignored a forecast for rain, the urge to ride overpowering me (can you relate to that? LOL). as y'know, without apology i admit publicly that i am a fair-weather rider.

anyhow, finally got the bike washed, waxed, and the chain cleaned and lubed during a lull in our rainy weather the last couple/three days. s'posed to be only partly cloudy tomorrow through tuesday. hope so.

btw, is it possible for the needle in the valve stem to loosen and thus make it difficult to fill the tire? as i recall from my bicycle days, a little tool was available to tighten the needle - hm, sounds goofy, but does it make sense to anyone?

the last couple times i topped'm off i had trouble with the front tire. air escapes when i check with my pencil-type gauge and also when i use the compressor. yesterday it took me 10 minutes to "get it right". no trouble with the rear.

a local indie put new tires/valves on the bike +-3000 miles ago.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Are you talking about the valve core? If it's loose, the tire will leak air. A variety of valve core tools are available; you can even get valve caps that have a core tool on the flip side. It should be just snug; you don't torque the **** out of the cores.

The front is a beeyotch to get at with a pencil gauge thanks to the rotors. A flexy hose gauge is quite a bit easier.

The bike won't melt in the rain.

·
Banned
679 Posts
what language is the title of this post written in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts