RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought a pair of Akra megaphone slip ons. Quick overview to pass on info before I ask for help. Give and take you know. I like the look and finish of the pipes, but they don't match the lines of the bike 100% as they are more of a rounded moto gp style and the bike is sharp lined as you know. though I think it's the lack of size and girth that may need some getting used too. (That's what she said.)The right pipe fit very well the left however did not quite match up like I thought it should. It is attached and seems structuraly secure and there is no leaks so..., I like the uniqueness of the pipes though as I'm tired of the standard cans on the market. I narrowed it down to the m4 and this pipe and decided on this pipe based on youtube sound clips, liking this one slightly better. However in person I'm torn. Without the db killers this pipe is obnoxious, with the db killers it's not quite obnoxious enough. Hers's the question. What happens if I cut off the tubes of the db killer but leave the face plate with the smaller exit hole? Will it strengthen the sound? If so any idea how much? I ask because at this point I could probably return them, but if I can strengthen the noise by about 25% I wouldn't want to. One other bit of info I can add is that the flickability of the bike has been improved quite a bit. The Akra can't weigh but maybe 1 lb for both yet the stock canisters have to weigh atleast 7lbs a piece. Huge improvement. Any input is appreciated. Should I cut the stems and keep, or return?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just increase the size and amount of holes in the DB tube

if there is no holes in them just drill some untill you get the desired tone you are after

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cut the stems 50% and they will get about 18.5% louder (just kidding :~)

Why don't you buy an extra pair of db killers?
You mocking me boy. :glassesti

Just to give everyone an update as I know you've all been waiting with rapt anticipation. I cut the down tubes off the inserts within an inch of the face plate and reattached. That did the trick quite nicely. They have a nice respectable rumble at cruising speeds, but I can still maker scream when I ring her neck. I rode it around for awhile again without the baffles and the sound is quite intoxicating. Makes me smile the whole time, but it is obnoxious and a little squidly. She sings a sexy song. However, I think my neighbors will apreciate my decision to use the baffles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you had the choice again would you choose Akrapovic Megaphone or LeoVince GP Pro?

This question is also addressed to other owners of Akrapovic Megaphone and LeoVince GP exhaust.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Got pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts