RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

EXHAUST Please help

5K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  lolibater 
#1 ·
Hi. I really NEED to change the exhaust on my 2012 ninja 650. I was wondering if 2011 models will fit 2012. Please help, there aren't a lot of options for the 650's.

SAVE ME FROM THE STOCK EXHAUST!!!!

#3 ·
No slip on options for your bike. Buy a full system or buy prev gen exhaust then a slip on, which will cost almost the same anyways. Search bar works great btw.

#7 ·
There are plenty forum posts already on this. Most will agree two bros is loud as hell if that is what you are after. I suggest whatever makes you happyn two bros full system already had an O2 bung and I liked the sound over the others. Two bros also already had a pcv map. for me it worked out great.

#13 ·
Hi. I really NEED to change the exhaust on my 2012 ninja 650.
You don't "need" to do any such thing.

You do know, I hope, that putting on a low restriction, high noise set of pipes might make the bike run worse......right ??
And then you would have to spend more time and money getting it right again......right ??
And if you live in a place where there are mandatory periodic inspections, it might fail.....right ??

Loud pipes risk rights.

#16 ·
Define fit? 2011 is second gen, 2012 is third gen. If you are looking to do the header swap to put a slip on, then technically yes, although some have had minor clearance issues depending on the pipe you choose. But no it's not the same parts fiche.

Reactions: kristin22
#17 ·
Holy crap man, serious? Did you read what I typed at all? Or you trolling (looking at you DaddyFlip!) For your generation bike(2012-2014), you will either need a full system, or buy a previous generation set of exhaust headers, then buy your slip on and install. There are many threads on this within this forum, as well as kawiforums, brp and a few others. Buying a full system specific to your generation is a little more expensive but at least its been R&D'd to fit. With 2 bros another pro is the built in O2 bung, something you may want to use in the future (AT).

#22 ·
I know, what's with people these days. It's like that guy that goes around asking everyone what it feels like the have a new rear shock. Oh, wait, never mind [emoji6]

Reactions: DaddyFlip
#20 ·
Im not mad at you, just that as with any internet forum, the search function typically works great. You also could put the phrase that you want to search in google, and add "rider forums" to it, for example "2012 ninja 650 exhaust rider forums" or "2011 ninja headers on 2012 ninja riderforums" etc.

I mentioned it before and I am sure you have not read it since you may be new and just lurking but on this forum alot of great posts constantly get covered by other posts that have already been answered, and the same ones get asked about once per month. I wouldnt care too much if we could actually suggest to the mods stickies, but I have yet to see mod post on the forum.

Wasnt getting mad at you (getting mad on the internet is pretty stupid anyways), just thought you would know, as with any forum out there, that search works!.:righton:

EDIT: was going to mention 650shop in an earlier reply, but forgot. Thanks for the reminder Lean it!

You arent limited to that shop though. Just google whatever you are looking for and add ninja 650 to it ie ninja 650 rear sets, ninja 650 stabilizer, ninja 650 fork swap, ninja 650 wheelies, ninja 650 blah blah blah. Bikerzbits also specializes in parts for thse bikes, along with some company called Dimotiv and a few others.

#25 ·
Ballpark is ballpark. How often can you find them that cheap? At the time of my purchasr most were over $100 used so I just went full exhaust new.

#26 ·
I'm here, kj. I was here when you called my name almost two weeks ago. I was here when all this got started. I've always been here. Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name... DaddyFlip boyyyyeeeeeee yeeah! :headbang: LOL- couldn't resist. The 650 forums are so fun to hang out in... ESPECIALLY if you don't own one. :hah: Carry on wayward sons.

#29 ·
I picked up a 2010 header for super cheap on ebay, and used a 2011 slip on. It mounts up perfectly fine, but there is some slight frame rubbing by the right side of the swingarm. Very very slight. I've had mine on so long that it's actually worn a tiny spot in the paint and now doesn't rub at all. I can post a picture if you'd like.

#30 ·
that's what I did, got OEM headers of a 2010 650 with Arrow slip on. Fits perfectly.
Your is rubbing on the frame prob. because u missing a little bracket that attaches it to the frame. My used Arrow Slip on off 2010 was missing the bracket, I called the Ebay seller and had them find that pc, they left it on the frame, assumed it's part of the bike not the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.