RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for advice on some good pipes to purchase. Planning on installing new exhaust, air filters, and a PCIII when I get some cash(stock pipes sound sooooo lame). What are some of the best pipes? Also, I can't find hardly any black ones out there (besides a few straights from HK). I was hoping to avoid having to pay for a coating on top of buying all the parts. Any pointers?

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Search search search all the numerous threads on this forum..They are bountiful and have great info on powdercoating vs heat resistant paint.. Lots of opinions on pipes as well. There are lots of threads on intakes too and pro's cons of all the different types..Weigh--balance and find what fits your budget while getting the performance, style or function you desire.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Search search search all the numerous threads on this forum..They are bountiful and have great info on powdercoating vs heat resistant paint.. Lots of opinions on pipes as well. There are lots of threads on intakes too and pro's cons of all the different types..Weigh--balance and find what fits your budget while getting the performance, style or function you desire.
Make sure you get what you REALLY want on your 1st choice. You'll regret it if you dont... :eek:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The big question is, what do you want out of your exhaust? Ive tried several pipes on my bike, My favorite for a combo of looks and power was the fuggin fabrication S4 that I regret selling cause now its not made. My second favorite is the 2 into 1 I currently run. IMO the muzzy has a better power curve than the fuggin and still has a cool sound to it, just doesnt have the look that I love. One thing I love about the muzzy is its quiet until you get on it, which is great for keeping the neighbors happy at 5:00 am. I believe you can get the HK sideburner in black. My suggestion on the air intake is the thunder tornado hands down. imo it looks the best on our bikes, and gives you a significant increase in power over stock. You have other options than the pcIII as far as fuel management, but I really like my pc 3, but I didnt really have any complaints about the doebech I ran before it, except I lost a few mpg I couldnt seem to get back with it. btw I powder coated the heat shields and megaphone on my muzzy and after a couple of years now, its showing a couple spots where the heat has got to it, but I can do it again when it gets bad enough to bother me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input. Basically I am looking for a better sound on my bike, but not necessarily something over the top loud. A small bump in HP would be great but it's not the selling point. I'll keep searching the forums and see what I can find out there!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I'm starting to see that I will probably have to go ahead and bite the bullet and pay for coating. I've got some mixed reviews on the HK's so I'm not sure if I want to go that route.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice bike! Those pipes look pretty cool. How long have you had them on there?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been reading through the forums and I am pretty sure I have answered my own question but just to double check(I am new to working on motorcycles but I am trying to avoid the shops as much as possible). If I just upgrade exhaust, do I need a fuel manager? Can I just throw some new pipes on and roll out?

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you just do the pipes you will not need the fuel management system ... if you do the air system too then you will need something new

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you just do the pipes you will not need the fuel management system ... if you do the air system too then you will need something new
Awesome thanks. The pipes are my main priority right now. Looks like I will be looking to do that pretty soon then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts