RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose any of the after market pipes have the high pitched sound of a 4 cyl gixer i had a muzzy pipe but riding to work at 430 am i had every cop in the county watching me on my route to work so i am back to the stock for now but interested inthe yoshi pipe i like the sound of it on a 4 cyl bike

·
Banned
679 Posts
dose any of the after market pipes have the high pitched sound of a 4 cyl gixer i had a muzzy pipe but riding to work at 430 am i had every cop in the county watching me on my route to work so i am back to the stock for now but interested inthe yoshi pipe i like the sound of it on a 4 cyl bike
I have the CF yosh w/ the baffle removed, it has a ballsy, throaty sound unlike most 4 cylinders. While idling it is quiet enough to have a conversation with some one right next to the bike. While cruising it is tame. If you get on it, it makes noise. But no, it does not sound like a screamer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A twin will never sound like an inline motor. It's like trying to make a v6 sound like a v8.
+1.

No pipe will make our twin sound like a motor with twice as many cylinders. I personally love the sound of the twin, and a 4. They are like a blonde and a brunette; both can be very different from one another and still be so sexy :FIREdevil

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the CF yosh w/ the baffle removed, it has a ballsy, throaty sound unlike most 4 cylinders. While idling it is quiet enough to have a conversation with some one right next to the bike. While cruising it is tame. If you get on it, it makes noise. But no, it does not sound like a screamer.
I have the same pipe but no CF and I think it's badass. Everytime i start my bike up more heads turn than you would think. No it's not like a 4 cyl but this is the best sound you can get without the whiny sound of a I4 or a retarded harley davidson.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just because someone turns their head, doesn't mean it sounds good. I still have the stock can on my bike, because when its louder it sounds like a lawnmower to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2 cylinder bikes sound like american muscle (unrefined power) where the 4 cylinders sound like Lamborghini's and Ferrari's (finely tuned precision)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just because someone turns their head, doesn't mean it sounds good. I still have the stock can on my bike, because when its louder it sounds like a lawnmower to me.
Most heads turn because the bike has an uncommon sound and people can't figure out what it is. Inline 4 crotch rockets are a dime a dozen. But when I pass a couple of guys with supersports parked near the road, they can't take their eyes off me while I power past them. At first glance the 650R (and particularly the lime green ones) look like a ZX6R, but the sound is something completely different.

·
Registered
145 Posts
These twins sound not bad at all if you get the RPM up they sound almost ricer like the inlines, it's idle and low RPM where you will get the deeper gurgle sound. Just gear up in high range and you'll sound more inline than not lol.

·
Banned
679 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my motorcycle sounds beast; BUT that's not what turns heads. It's cause my motorcycle and I look so god damn good together.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my motorcycle sounds beast; BUT that's not what turns heads. It's cause my motorcycle and I look so god damn good together.
Well we can't all be as sexy as you. :wink:

·
Registered
177 Posts
These twins sound not bad at all if you get the RPM up they sound almost ricer like the inlines, it's idle and low RPM where you will get the deeper gurgle sound. Just gear up in high range and you'll sound more inline than not lol.
Yup, true. Also realize that shorter exhausts tend to emphasize the "twin sound" at idle. The stock exhaust is very long, it snakes around internally. If you don't like the twin sound, (many do love it) then stay away from straight through underbody slip-ons and get the longest aftermarket exhaust that's possible. (hmmm, that might be Vance and Hines) Or just stay stock like Mr Skidmarks suggests. In my review linked in my sig, there's a reason I preferred the sound of the Yosh and most of it has to do with it's longer length and multiple chamber design. It's all personal preference though - For those who love the twin sound and want more of it, I'd say go with the Arrow.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Not all parallel twins sound the same. The 650R has a crank angle of 180 degrees. When one cylinder is up the other is down. That is what makes our bike sound something like a smaller displacement single cylinder thumper. The 180 crank angle also helps with vibration.

The manufacturers can make a parallel twin sound more like a harley by going with a 270 degree crank angle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm, I can say that I don't know what is normal for crank angle of an inline twin, but I can say that most inline twins I've heard sound similar, all the way back to my first bike, a Honda CB400T. The sound of that bike is burned into my memory, never to be forgotten.

·
Registered
746 Posts
As much as I like the sound of a i4, I think 650's sound fine with an aftermarket pipe. Since I'm unable to ride for a while, I start my bike every now and then and the sound it makes when I rev it a lil it still gets my heart thumping (and I had it for a while).

I have a micron exhaust (which no one that owns a 650 has for some reason) and I think it's deep and throaty and brings out the bike.

I remember the first time I got my bike and surprised my friends with it. When they asked me to rev it a lil, I didn't go past 3-4k and a few of them jumped at the sound it made.

Imo, I perfer the low end noise of the 650 over the i4's; I just like them when their rpm's are high up there. But if we want to talk about perfect harmonics, I think the i3's triumph have shats on twin's, vtwin's, i4 in the noise department.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As much as I like the sound of a i4, I think 650's sound fine with an aftermarket pipe. Since I'm unable to ride for a while, I start my bike every now and then and the sound it makes when I rev it a lil it still gets my heart thumping (and I had it for a while).

I have a micron exhaust (which no one that owns a 650 has for some reason) and I think it's deep and throaty and brings out the bike.

I remember the first time I got my bike and surprised my friends with it. When they asked me to rev it a lil, I didn't go past 3-4k and a few of them jumped at the sound it made.

Imo, I perfer the low end noise of the 650 over the i4's; I just like them when their rpm's are high up there. But if we want to talk about perfect harmonics, I think the i3's triumph have shats on twin's, vtwin's, i4 in the noise department.
+1 I completely agree that Daytona is currently my favorite sounding bike, havent ridden one yet but if the ergos are bearable that might be my next bike mmmm :agree:

·
Registered
86 Posts
2 cylinder bikes sound like american muscle (unrefined power) where the 4 cylinders sound like Lamborghini's and Ferrari's (finely tuned precision)
Yeah, I always hate the way my Ducatis sound so unrefined. Even though the Weber-Marelli used by Ducati was initially developed for use by Ferrari in F1...those Italian twins just sound so uncivilized. :killingme

1 - 20 of 36 Posts