RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
You have a talent for building that's for sure. I can't wait to see the full out come!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
hey look an update!

got a box!

dual voltage input, muti-purpose inverter welder

Spool gun (ya know, for alu)

stinger for stick welding

TIG

its a wire feed MIG too but I seem to have missed the pic of that... oh well, you know what this stuff looks like anyway.

All on the cart (which I now see is too small...)

and a terrible pic of my welders new power supply. 9000w peak, petrol/propane fueled, electric start, all the bells and whistles!

Got the welder stuff sorted, now to do the subby.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
YOU'RE A MADMAN. gotta follow this thread... looks cool so far! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dig where you're going with this project! Here's my 650, I didn't go quite as all out though, just basically turned it into a naked, with a 7" round headlight and ditching all the fairing parts. But with all the talk in here I'm half tempted to swap the forks for an inverted set off of another bike.
IMG_1072.JPG

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I dig where you're going with this project! Here's my 650, I didn't go quite as all out though, just basically turned it into a naked, with a 7" round headlight and ditching all the fairing parts. But with all the talk in here I'm half tempted to swap the forks for an inverted set off of another bike.
View attachment 107234
I went nutty, cut her all apart and as such havent riden it in two and a half years.... front end swap can be done in a single afternoon though. Good place to continue from!

been practicing welds with the new tig machine so the subby dont fall off when I sit on it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
it would def take the fun out of the experience.... I started this madness with a wheelie gone wrong.

Welding getting better, tube notching on 3rd or 4th try... symmetry is hard...

photophukit being twat-ish so no pics this time. (besides, my welds aren't really photogenic quite yet)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I am. I actually got some work done and patched the hole and gap where the shock previously attached to the frame. All filled in with a nice solid spacer and boxed in now. As soon as the tubes for the subframe are properly notched (and matched in symmetry...) I'll be welding the subby up. Also, managed to leave my argon tank open and lost half of a 80cf tank..... need more gas to burn the metal together so off to the airgas store for supplies.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts