RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
For all practical purposes, there is probably no way around this. Eventually theses things will be in all new cars and all new bikes. I just ride and forget about it. Still though, even though I never ride excessively fast or abuse the bike in any way, I wish it wasn't there.

· Registered
1,209 Posts
For all practical purposes, there is probably no way around this. Eventually theses things will be in all new cars and all new bikes. I just ride and forget about it. Still though, even though I never ride excessively fast or abuse the bike in any way, I wish it wasn't there.
What's worse is communications (wifi, cellular) will be more and more "baked" right into the ECU of every car and bike so they won't need on board memory storage as it will be communicated "live" back to a server. It may sound a little paranoid but I do think we will soon see the day when people will be marketing ECU shielding (faraday cages) to block ECU transmissions.

· Registered
1 Posts
Is it built-in EDR or from 3rd Party provider?

I've had my '14 N1 for a couple of months and I found a description of the event data recorder (EDR) in the owner's manual, page 80.
Does anyone on the forum know how to get rid of or disable this thing?
The dealer I bought the bike from denies knowledge of the device. They did offer to ask Kawasaki about it, but after a month, they continue to say they have no information about it.

View attachment 82889
I recently purchased a Vehicle Tracking System which contains features like black box recording after checking this post about EDR: https://www.cyrrup.com/event-data-recorder-edr-helps/

It's been working very well for me. But, What about the built-in EDR vehicle. Do you suggest me to go with a Vehicle with EDR during my upcoming purchases or do you want me to rely on 3rd party device? Please help.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.