RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

European H7?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  saintsparks 
#1 ·
So, I shipped some Phillips X-treme Vision bulbs from Europe, couldn't find any in the States, and I know these suckers are dam near xenons for brigtness.

But apparently their H7 isn't the size as American H7, or I'm not getting something. Anybody know if this is false, and I'm just being a little slow?

#4 ·
I can't speak for the Phillips but I ordered a set of Hoen bulbs several years ago for a Lincoln LS I had then. They were more costly than others but received great reviews and seemed to be the choice of many higher-end vehicles (at least at the time). I drove it for three years and never had a problem and the sizes fit just the same as the factory bulbs. It may be that they just shipped you the wrong size in the right package. have you looked at the base of the bulb to see what the markings say?

#5 ·
I must be losing it. After taking off the meter cover, I popped off the plugs, and the leads were nowhere near the same size as the bulb I had in my hand. Now, I'm wondering if the leads I saw weren't the bulbs, but a fitting inbetween the bulbs and the plug? I should have investigated more, but was in a rush to get my oil done anyway..

#7 ·
Thank you cefoskey for your expertise. I've seen the parts diagrams on a few websites, I'd like to download one for myself.

BTW, I've been really eyeing the Daytona, maybe as an aspiration for next year. Loks to be an all around winner, without the whiny bike noise.

#8 ·
if you really like the Daytona, get yourself ready for a complete change in ergonomics.

It really is the best bike Ive ever been on (outside of a buddy's 1198). Its got the perfect mix of torque and HP. Around town, the 650R is better though.

#9 ·
Well, I've already put on Sportbars, and half the time, I prefer to lay on my tank anyway... I'm not too worried about a racier position. Just today, I did the free diy things: intake baffles, plugging the pair hose, and removing the sub throttle plates. I'm wanting more umph, lol. And the Daytona is just such a sexy bike...

#11 ·
Yah they fit. I just didn't yank off the rubber adapter seal thing when I first tried. Tried messing with it but it seemed like it wouldn't budge. Just have to twist to get it off though . Then the bulbs are in front of that.

As far as where. I believe it was something like carbulbsdirect.com... but don't quote me. Look around. I've read a lot of good things about the osram nightbreakers as well.

#12 ·
Yah they fit. I just didn't yank off the rubber adapter seal thing when I first tried. Tried messing with it but it seemed like it wouldn't budge. Just have to twist to get it off though . Then the bulbs are in front of that.

As far as where. I believe it was something like carbulbsdirect.com... but don't quote me. Look around. I've read a lot of good things about the osram nightbreakers as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.