RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the other shroud marked up with measurements, ready to cut, bend and beat, if your interested, I can give you detailed instructions on how to do it, and all the bits I have used so far.
Paper Paper product
Text Pattern Line Pattern Design

Vulcan, I will be starting on the left shroud tomorrow. I will take pics for you with where to bend, weld and what to use.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, so I managed to finish the left shroud.
Using my budget bending brake and clamps.
Duct tape Asphalt Tire Auto part Shoe
Table Tile Floor Automotive exterior Flooring

This is the right side, but you can see where to weld.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system

And done,
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

I also just ordered a progressive rear shock, so once I fit the bars and shock, I think I'm done for a while.
Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you make your headlight brackets, or did the CB factory brackets fit your forks?

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Looks sharp with that instrument cluster. Great work!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I was going to stop mucking around with this thing for a while, but the bug has well and truly bitten.

First up, I replaced the rear shock
Land vehicle Vehicle Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust

And that made a huge difference and got me thinking about the front suspension. So I changed the springs and added preload adjusters.
Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Bicycle handlebar

And I am stoked. Next on the list is juice box pro and a bmsc filter and air box mod.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Was it a genuine OEM light or one of the ebay China specials? I'm looking for the same light but I'm worried about buying anything other than the original stuff due to quality issues.
The light is not OEM, as most are now in really ordinary condition. I am however really impressed by the quality, from memory it is from the UK. If your interested I will find the invoice and PM you the contact details.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
wow, I applaud your creativity, tenacity, and skill.

I luv my 09 ninja, but about two years after I bought'r (new) I began to lust after the er-6n/streetfighter look. no regrets with the ninja, tho.
Thanks Steve. I have no regrets with my 650 too, such a versatile and easy bike to ride, always puts a smile on my face which is what it's all about.

You could go down the streetfighter path with your ninja, it not that hard and they wear it so well in my opinion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The light is not OEM, as most are now in really ordinary condition. I am however really impressed by the quality, from memory it is from the UK. If your interested I will find the invoice and PM you the contact details.
If you could that would be great. No rush but it's good to hear some actual feedback on the ebay lights. Otherwise it's just a random shot at picking a quality headlight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow, you are a ****ing master magician with metal bending. Thanks a lot for sharing your technique! You've opened my eyes to a lot of metal working that I previously thought was inaccessible to me. Amazing bike!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts