RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is my first roadie. I have grown up riding dirt bikes, but now they just look like pain (must be getting old). Anyhow I missed riding and decided to get back into it. I bought an Er6n, as they feel like a cranky dirt bike to ride with the riding position, and heaps more grip on the road.

I love the street fighter/cafe look, so I have started to build my bike so it looks factory, but how I would do it.....if that makes sense??

This is as bought. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.
So today I took the right radiator fairing off to measure up, so I can make my own much smaller version. Once I have made these, I will relocate the turn signals to the front next to the headlight.
I also had to sit my overflow bottle on the bike to see what it will look like.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Should have this side done in the next few days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the other shroud marked up with measurements, ready to cut, bend and beat, if your interested, I can give you detailed instructions on how to do it, and all the bits I have used so far.
Paper Paper product
Text Pattern Line Pattern Design

Vulcan, I will be starting on the left shroud tomorrow. I will take pics for you with where to bend, weld and what to use.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, so I managed to finish the left shroud.
Using my budget bending brake and clamps.
Duct tape Asphalt Tire Auto part Shoe
Table Tile Floor Automotive exterior Flooring

This is the right side, but you can see where to weld.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system

And done,
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

I also just ordered a progressive rear shock, so once I fit the bars and shock, I think I'm done for a while.
Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I was going to stop mucking around with this thing for a while, but the bug has well and truly bitten.

First up, I replaced the rear shock
Land vehicle Vehicle Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust

And that made a huge difference and got me thinking about the front suspension. So I changed the springs and added preload adjusters.
Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Bicycle handlebar

And I am stoked. Next on the list is juice box pro and a bmsc filter and air box mod.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts