RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is after riding 2 or 3 minutes, my ABS light come out (without any error code).
When I don't ride long time,it rework normally and after starting a few minutes,the ABS light up(without error code) and I don't know why?

·
Administrator
2,648 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. Does your ABS still work even with the light on? Easy way to test is take your bike up to 20 - 40 kph and hit the rear brake - if your rear wheel doesn't lock up, then your ABS is most likely still working.

So, if it's working, then it's probably an electrical connection issue. I don't know where the ABS module is on your bike, but I had a similar issue with mine. On my bike the module is at the front of the motor. There is a rubber boot covering all the wiring. I removed the boot and saturated the connections with contact cleaner - basically I flushed the wiring connector.

An amazing amount of oil and crud (dirt and sand) was washed out. I let it dry, put the boot back on and took the bike for a ride - no more ABS light.

Maybe have a look at the wiring connector/s to the ABS module and give it a clean as I did.

Reactions: Hein

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Welcome onboard. Does your ABS still work even with the light on? Easy way to test is take your bike up to 20 - 40 kph and hit the rear brake - if your rear wheel doesn't lock up, then your ABS is most likely still working.

So, if it's working, then it's probably an electrical connection issue. I don't know where the ABS module is on your bike, but I had a similar issue with mine. On my bike the module is at the front of the motor. There is a rubber boot covering all the wiring. I removed the boot and saturated the connections with contact cleaner - basically I flushed the wiring connector.

An amazing amount of oil and crud (dirt and sand) was washed out. I let it dry, put the boot back on and took the bike for a ride - no more ABS light.

Maybe have a look at the wiring connector/s to the ABS module and give it a clean as I did.
Thanks for answering and I will do it like that and test again 🤗

1 - 4 of 4 Posts