RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
New owner of a ninja 400se 2014 here.
Picked up a fully stock 2014 er4f with 75000km on the clock yesterday and swapped out the tyres for metzeler roadtec 01 se.
Loving the ride so far, but the suspension feels a bit too soft and a little like a pogo stick sometimes. I guess it's time for a rebuild (probably never been done in its life lol)
I currently have the following options,
  1. stick to stock setup and just do a complete rebuild of fork and shock - USD$145
  2. hyperpro progressive springs kit for fork and shock including installation - USD$229
  3. hyperpro streetbox kit - progressive springs for fork, new complete shock + progressive spring including installation - USD$483
Which do you think I should go for?
I weigh about 176 lbs with gear, ride 2 up quite a fair bit so it's about 280lbs 2 up fully geared.
Keep in mind this is daily driven rain or shine, on short commutes and the occasional road trip!
Thanks in advance!

PS. I read quite a fair bit regarding this here, suspension swaps with other kawasaki models are almost impossible due to being a really rare bike brand here on my side of the world. Options are really just to rebuild this stock setup or the hyperpro setups above :/

Here's a pic of my bike

Attachments

·
見る
2,936 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. I would probably go option 2. If that still doesn't work, then all you have to do is upgrade the shock - but if it does work, you have an inexpensive upgrade.

Make sure that the springs are dialed in for combined weight riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey oz, thanks for the reply!

I can't just upgrade the shock itself eventually as it's part of a package that makes it so cheap and I'll eventually have to replace the seals on the original shock as well, might be pretty expensive for a rebuild :/

·
見る
2,936 Posts
Rebuilding the stock rear shock is a waste of money IMO. So maybe go option 3 if you can afford it. You will certainly notice an improvement in handling - but bear in mind that springs set for two up riding might be a bit stiff for solo riding. However, I think a little stiffer suspension is better than soft, pogoing suspension. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rebuilding the stock rear shock is a waste of money IMO. So maybe go option 3 if you can afford it. You will certainly notice an improvement in handling - but bear in mind that springs set for two up riding might be a bit stiff for solo riding. However, I think a little stiffer suspension is better than soft, pogoing suspension. .
Thanks, it's definitely affordable! Just wondering if the upgrade is worth the money, since my complaint now is just mostly about the pogo suspension feeling especially when taking corners and the heat from the bike lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts