RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing started happening just yesterday; When I push the start button there is a 1/2 second delay or more sometimes before it kicks over. It's not turning over, it just seems like there's a pause, like the relay in the switch isn't connecting perfectly or something. I assumed it might be a battery issue as it's a 2014 and I left it outside all winter this year without a battery tender on it. So I replaced the battery. On first start it seemed to be the solution, but this morning it was the same odd delay. I also went out and gave it a try a few minutes ago and while everything powers up properly on the key turn, the first push of the start button gave me absolutely nothing. Almost like the button wasn't even wired.

So, anyone seen anything like this before? It's a super clean 2014 Versys 650 with not a single upgrade, bone stock, and well taken care of. I'll be checking out all connections when I get home tonight but thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe there's a random but well known fail point in the system. Worth asking, right?

Cheers everyone, looks like good riding weather this long weekend here in Portland, OR. Hope it's going around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ever figure it out? I have a 2015 versys 650 that is doing the exact same thing. Put in a new battery and tested the solenoid. No voltage at solenoid when I push the button. The problem comes and goes.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Electrics aren't my strong suit, but I'd make sure the sidestand cut-off switch and the clutch safety switch contacts are clean. Maybe flip the kill switch on/off a dozen times, too, in case those contacts are getting dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts