RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Concours 08 Transmission stopped working at 53K miles Mechanic said I need new engine Is it worth it??...

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
if it's an ABS model the Kelly Blue Book values are $3315-4820 in good condition. Non ABS $3200-4655.

So I guess it depends on a few things. What's the cost to replace it, how attached are you to the bike, what are options near you for a replacement bike if you don't get a new engine, mileage on the donor engine if you do swap, are you swapping yourself or paying someone?

It may be cheaper for you to replace the engine (hopefully it comes with some kind of warranty other than "curb and gutter" - you reach the curb, you got her.)

However you may be able to part it out (or sell it whole) and put that towards a new-to-you ride (C14 or other bike of choice.)

If you do look at replacing the engine route, take stock of anything else on the bike that will be in need of repairs soon. Does it need tires, brakes etc. All those little things can add up when also doing the engine. Unless you have a special attachment to the bike only do the engine if it makes sense to you.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question with a definate yes/no answer but at least it gives you some outside perspective.

Reactions: Ozninjaguy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Concours 08 Transmission stopped working at 53K miles Mechanic said I need new engine Is it worth it??...
Thanks! My mechanic would replace engine for $2,000
Thanx! My mechanic would replace the Engine for $2,000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts