1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
No real place for them, you'd have your feet next to the air cleaner cover and if your legs are that short you couldn't touch the foot pegs.

If you want the guards anyways just get some frame mounted highway pegs.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just checked with my caliper, 1 1/4" will do it. I'm way too bored being cooped up in the house.
LOL,,,,thanks! hope your back in action soon!

what the difference with the straight arm or an offset,,,which do you think would be more reachable...there are so many options out there,,can be confusing..

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Depends on how long your legs are. Straight arm stick straight out from the mount, offset have an arm that moves the peg however far away.

Decide how far you can reach and if you want your legs straight or bent a bit.
Offset arm example:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on how long your legs are. Straight arm stick straight out from the mount, offset have an arm that moves the peg however far away.

Decide how far you can reach and if you want your legs straight or bent a bit.
Offset arm example:
thanks,,looks like the bent ones can give you more of a variation in positions..

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Yup. Go sit on the bike and see where your feet would be comfortable. If you're not sure then get the adjustable one, they're just more dough though.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
When you go sit on the bike, keep one foot on the ground while you stretch the other one out to test. Otherwise, the engine guards would have been a good idea. ;) :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well if the bike is on the kickstand, it shouldn't fall over. Tim, is this why you fell over last time? 7-27-09 kidding. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. Go sit on the bike and see where your feet would be comfortable. If you're not sure then get the adjustable one, they're just more dough though.
hey streak,,I was looking at the frame tube this morning...where,along that tube would you put the pegs? there are those two frame bolts right where I would guess I would have put them...above them the tube has a bend,below them its tight,,radiator cover,rr brake res,,,would that 1 1/4 clamp fit over those excisting bolts in the tube?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd remove the wire clamp just below the 2 bolts and put it there. If you're getting offset pegs anyways then you just use the arms to raise the pegs up a bit if you want them higher.

Here's another option if you're worried about finding a good spot on the frame.
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/M_C_Enterprises_Hi_Way_Bars_Deluxe_O_Ring_p/mc-deluxe-oring.htm
thats cool...but its going to be lots more $$ ..
what you said sound good..remove the wire clamp...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Well if the bike is on the kickstand, it shouldn't fall over. Tim, is this why you fell over last time? 7-27-09 kidding. :rolleyes:
If you're sitting on the bike balanced in your riding position as if on a straight stretch of highway, then your bike would be hovering about 2 inches above the bottom of the kickstand, Genius!

Kidding, of course. ;) I actually lay on my bike on the stand, sissy between my shoulder blades and can get my feet up on the bars decent enough. :D

I'd remove the wire clamp just below the 2 bolts and put it there. If you're getting offset pegs anyways then you just use the arms to raise the pegs up a bit if you want them higher.

Here's another option if you're worried about finding a good spot on the frame.
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/M_C_Enterprises_Hi_Way_Bars_Deluxe_O_Ring_p/mc-deluxe-oring.htm
M/C Enterprises.... Why are my warning bells going off? Oh yeah... never heard much good about 'em. But, to each their own. Good concept for that mount, but ... eh... :2far:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I merely provide options, but if he wants to send me his money I'd be more than happy to spend it on nothing but the finest for him.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I merely provide options, but if he wants to send me his money I'd be more than happy to spend it on nothing but the finest for him.
lol I gotchya, man. Nice work. (Hope you're healing well!!) :)

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
thanks,,thats pretty much what Im looking for,,I think I read somewhere here the frame is1 1/4? sound right?
the frame size is 1.350. I used a set of kuryakyn offset pegs and they worked great. I mounted them where the wire hold down is on the brake side. i did cut the the nub off the frame. I have these if you are interested. The shifter side has a few scratch marks on the bottom but you can not see them when they are on the bike. They sell new for around $125

·
Registered
79 Posts
Really looking for pics of what these highway pegs look like when installed. Not pics from site but actual photos that you guys have of your bikes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here are the Küryakyn offset highway Iso pegs. These are the best pictures that I could come up with before I took them off to add some Hepco & Becker engine guards. I really liked the pegs as they were very adjustable. They are 1.350 and fit the frame perfectly.
If you watch the Mean Streak For Sale/Trade section, I may have them for sale soon as new pegs will have to mount to the engine guard and I will need a different size bracket. I am using the pegs as my main pegs right now but the brackets and arms are available and I have a set of isowings that could be used on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts