RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Long-time lurker first time poster!

I have a 2008 z750 which i have owned for the past year, its been running perfectly until today when commuting into work. I was riding as normal when the rev counter/speedo etc cut out on me, lights/indicators etc were still working fine, then about a mile or so down the road, the engine started to splutter and then cut out completely like i had run out of fuel (have pretty much a whole tank in it).

When i tried to start it back up there was nothing, no power to dial's, no start over but my hazards were still going. I left it a little whilst i was on the phone to my wife then tried it again, where i did get the dials come alive but when cranking it was just a loud relay tick. Thought i would leave it more but no change from that.

Its like the battery has died (although battery is less than 6 months old), but odd that it would cut out on me mid ride.

Currently being taken to my local garage, however, anyone have any suggestions or had a similar thing happen?

·
見る
2,936 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. My first guess is that your regulator/rectifier died and you just ran on battery power before the battery drained. Once the battery has no power - neither does the bike.

R/R is easy to test with a multimeter - lots of vids on Youtube.

Others can probably advise further/better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts