RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use electric heated vest with ZR7? Even here in California it's getting cold in the morning..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and I'd better start working on it now, then I'll be done by spring.. =)

For those unenlightened: I have one of those perforated summer leather suits. There is a hell of a lot of those holes in it..

·
Registered
374 Posts
No vest here. I run a Heine-Garricke CyberSport jacketyear round.

It is hot as heck in the summer though, even with the liner removed and the vents opened, so I am thinking of getting a Joe Rocket for the fair weather.

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
Talking seriously, I'd try cheapest windbreaker upon your leathers. Recently I've seen a guy wearing Joe Rocket Phoenix (nylon mesh with protection) and windbreaker. I've seen him on a Bay Bridge, and he didn't look like he was in cold.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. I sometimes wear a military issue rain jacket with a field jacket liner in it for work. We get some pretty cold winds out in the mountains and it breaks 'em right up. I wouldn't wear it riding though, the hood would act like a parachute and probably strangle me. My MSR jacket (dual sport type) is lined with some type of pvc or rubbberized stuff and it works great in the rain and really blocks out the wind. It didn't come with a liner so I also use a field jacket liner in it when it's cold. But just a thin wind breaker would really work good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts