RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure I look like a complete noob asking a nitrous question with 2 posts but I really am not.

I picked up a 2003 z1000 last September and have been happy with it. I also have a drag quad that is going up on craigslist and I have pulled some parts off of it I will not be selling with it. One of the things that came off was my dynotune nitrous setup. It’s an efi dry system from dynotune that can be seen here EFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes and crusiers, single and twin bottle kits. Superbike nitrous oxide systems works on all bikes, hayabusa nitrous oxide and zx-14 nitrous oxide kits available. - EFI Motorcycle Nitrous System for sportbikes for the quad I run it to a boon dockers manifold which I won’t need on the zed and I have an upgraded 2.5lb bottle.

I have everything I need to hook it up from a mechanical standpoint, fittings, extra line, jets, etc so I can avoid any out of pocket on the actual system. I still have ¾ of a full bottle as well.

Dynotune says the bikes efi system will compensate and add fuel, is the z1000 efi that primitive? In my experience it takes a pretty basic efi system to do that. If I needed to add fuel or pull timing whats the best way to go? If I can find them I will do cooler copper plugs as well.

Thanks guys. The bikes pretty basic I would like to avoid a controller since I will probable barely use the system and I don’t plan to upgrade the exhaust. It has a chopped air box and chopped stock mufflers. It came with a PC3 but I cannot get it to power up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Or u could run two maps on a switch so when u turn nos on turns the second map on well u can do it on my bazzaz but dnt knw about powercommander tho

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
There are no O2 sensors to tell the PCM what's going on to re-calibrate automatically. Back when I did my kit I talked w/ the techs at Nitrous Express and the guy said the easiest way was to tune the injectors to run at 100% duty cycle at WOT and it would be just fine there with a 50 shot. Did you end up using the kit? I still have my Nitrous Express kit off my Z1K; nobody wants to buy it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you had a 05-06 Z1000 with the purle labeled ECU you could wire a map switch that would switch to the second map inside the ECU the moment you pressed your nitrous switch. Then you could flash the ECU with retarded timing and added fuel and run the nitrous safely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts