RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the taillight lenses the same for the '00 and the '01. They only list it as '00, i think they're the same. I want to grab the clear lens and just wanted to make sure before i get it. Thanks

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey billyboy, I was thinking about the clear lenses too, for all lights. Couple of problems though. 1. is it legal. 2. Do they work as well as standard. Was wondering what it would look like. I see bikes and cars occasionally that have them. some look trick, others look stupid. Anybody out there have some pics ? Serious applicants only....Andy !
:laugh:

·
Gold Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post up some pics when I get em all. I think they look pretty sharp on most bikes haven't actually seen em on a ZR, but they'll look pretty good. Yes they're legal (at least in Fl anyway)because the bulbs are changed to either a red (taillight) or amber (turn signals) they still glow the correct color. I also like the LED taillights that pulse around I see em on the street but I don't think those are exactly legal.

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
i have the led brake and turn signal lights on my bike. thay work great, a little pricey at $100 but the person whop rearends me can't say they didn't see me. they can try though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i think boxsky's are probably legal, they sound like high visibility models. there are bulb replacements that are LED and only cost $10-20. they're usually not street legal, show vehicle only type things.

clear tail lights with colored bulbs are legal in some spots, not others. often you can have clear marker and turn lenses but need red brake lenses. all that aside, colored bulbs behind clear lenses are usually less visible than a clear bulb with a colored lens, especially during daylight, dawn and dusk when there's more ambient light than at night.

anything that flashes red generally attracts the attention of motorists and the law. i believe flashing brake lights on motorcycles are ok many places. in california they're only allowed to flash for a few seconds when first applied, then they have to go solid. 'lite brites' and 'tail blazer' both have variations that are ok in california. and as always, local laws may override. call the local police or sherriff if you want to know.

scott :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts