1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Hi @youngalex55 and welcome to the forum.

That kit will require you to take your headlight apart and do some customization. That's not a job for everyone.

You could likely update the high beam bulb to a high/low bulb. This would require a bulb, headlight connector with 3 wires, a relay and some wire & connectors. You'd need the relay as the stock wiring may not be designed for the extra power draw of the 2nd low beam.

You could also (you'd still need the above relay etc) swap the halogen bulbs to LED at the same time which would help with the draw. Just be aware there are good and bad LED bulbs. You want something that mimics the halogen bulb very closely. Don't just go by brightness.

This only touches the surface.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, I have a 2016 Ninja 650, and I would really like to do away with the cyclops headlight that always looks broken to me. Is there a common practice way to mod the headlight to have dual lows and highs? Or a go to product that will solve my issue that is well regarded?

Maybe this....? 2009 - 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 650 650R 1000 ER-6f Z1000SX HID BiXenon Projector kit with angel eyes halo
I have a 2014 ninja 1000 and have the same probleme. Replaced headlights with led and lowered the high beam as not to blind drivers ahead. I then installed aux led lights on either sides of wheels. With a special peg, and a on off switch. Problem is kawasaki didn't design a good headlight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Hey, I have a 2016 Ninja 650, and I would really like to do away with the cyclops headlight that always looks broken to me.
Welcome onboard. I agree with you. When I first bought my Ninja 650, as I was leaving a non-riding mate's place he called out: "Oz, one of your headlights is out." :LOL:

As previously noted, the projector kit requires you to modify the original headlight assembly, and I believe that it's a permanent mod. So maybe get a second-hand assembly and do the mod on that, just in case something goes wrong.

Then you still have lights.

Reactions: Obo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts