RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Jajamase, I made the brackets from 1/8 " thick 1 1/8 " X 6 " steel stock. It took quite a while to get the bends just right just using a vise and a hammer. The Black paint covers up all the hammer marks.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
scottmac, apologies tendered! i thought you were just hacking on my awful typing. i didn't know you were unaware of what frame sliders really were. hope i didn't offend :)

scott :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
GGG-ZR7S said:
I have found that the headlight on the ZR-7S just doesn't reach out far enough for me even after swapping out the 60/55 Watt bulb for a 100/55 Watt one. So I added a set of 35 Watt driving lights. These are shown in the attached photo. They do a good job of adding the additional light I wanted. They cost about $35 at Wal-Mart and I made the brackets myself. I attached them to the frame that the fairing is attached to using the frontmost bolt. Has anyone else added driving lights to their ZR?

Triple G I don't know if you are still around or not but after extensive searching your solution is the best I have seen for driving lights. Would you be interested in being hired out to make another set of brackets?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i did this mod on my bike a while back:

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=15581&highlight=aux+lights

i ended up taking them off because anything higher then 80mph and the mirrors would vibe so bad i couldn't see a thing....they did help out with night riding tho, i have to go and look into your mounting solution, i had not thought of that, i was going to weld on a few tabs onto the crash bars but had no gotten to it yet...

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,136 Posts
I think GGG-ZR7S has a ZZR1200 now. Or the last time I think I saw him was at ZZR1200.net. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yea I remember lloking at that solution and wondering how it turned out. Thanks for the update. I too was thinking of doing something from the crash bars and may yet but I think I'd like the lights up a bit higher.

chiller said:
i did this mod on my bike a while back:

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=15581&highlight=aux+lights

i ended up taking them off because anything higher then 80mph and the mirrors would vibe so bad i couldn't see a thing....they did help out with night riding tho, i have to go and look into your mounting solution, i had not thought of that, i was going to weld on a few tabs onto the crash bars but had no gotten to it yet...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
thanks for the link frank, i went and bought that particular relay this weekend and relayed mine with the power from the provided leads and the "interrupter" to a spliced in wire off one of the tail lights, worked great...i am running my heated grips and cigarette lighter thru it and will run an aux light thru it eventually...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts