RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
so ok...lift your visor and you can hear at stop lights. maybe cut out some and be wise about it...some ear padding on the inside.buy a hjc helmet or icon.very good helmets and you can still hear. scorpion is ok to. ive ridin with ear plugs in and i know what ur talking about.but the helmet cancels noise so you dont go def thru out the years of riding.maybe getr one of those german half helmets. look around there have to be some cool ones out there. good luck noobi...:bud:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I see what people are saying - when I'm up at highway speeds or thereabouts the sound reduction is desirable - was out last night on a windy PCH at about 65mph and was pretty loud even with the helmet on..

So yea, I usually pull up the visor at stoplights just so I can hear better and experience the outside world a little more..

Hey Marcos31 I've got that same Yoshimura carbon exhaust coming - would be my first add on - did you get/install yours yet?

·
Registered
195 Posts
man...not yet prob buy it in another week or $o...but you gotta let me knw how it sounds.to each his own and you tube vids...well...you knw. its the only one i like style wise, quality and performance.post a pick if you can...my bike is black and i knw its gonna look nice.good luck and let me knw how long your install took.i plan on stripping stock as soon as i order it online.that way right out the box and straight to install. what color is ur bike, and year.check out these prices.http://indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=2421&cat=0&page=1

·
Registered
195 Posts
lumberjack...yoshi slip on trc carbon ordered last night. so ill be removing stock in the next few days in order to prep.i will post when done.look for me under performance.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Cool - mine should be here any day - gonna get my 600/1000 mile tune up done at the dealer and then put the exhaust on (don't want to void the warranty right off the bat).. Nearing my 600 mile mark so next week will take it to the dealer..

But yea I agree - I got a black bike and the Yoshi CF was the only one that really looked great at least in the pics I saw..

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea the titanium would of been good because it matches the swing arm and rearsets but....c/f is the way to go...and i didnt pay for it myself.a lil incentive award from work cover the hole thing:headbang:got my va state inspection today that way they dont find some dumb sht reason to fail me due to some makebeleive reason concerning my install.i feel ya on the 600 service and then install.cya around.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got my Yoshi today in the mail - yeehaw!

I don't like the big red logo on the front of the CF pipe though - I think I may cover it with black spray-paint or something else.. Red logo just doesn't work with the color scheme of the bike for me.. Maybe silver paint, but I think I gotta cover it with something..

Also says on there that in California its illegal to modify the exhaust system and the Yoshi is for "closed course only" - are they for real? Are the cops gonna cite me for having a Yoshi pipe on this bike? I hadn't heard anything about that till I got this in the mail..

·
Registered
232 Posts

I don't like the big red logo on the front of the CF pipe though - I think I may cover it with black spray-paint or something else.. Red logo just doesn't work with the color scheme of the bike for me.. Maybe silver paint, but I think I gotta cover it with something..

Also says on there that in California its illegal to modify the exhaust system and the Yoshi is for "closed course only" - are they for real? Are the cops gonna cite me for having a Yoshi pipe on this bike? I hadn't heard anything about that till I got this in the mail..

if you live in CA and you get stopped and the cop decides to be a jerk...you just got CARBed/ticketed/ or impounded

CA is the most strict emmisions state in our country..... move to Alabama, i got told to slow down after getting pulled over doing 80 in a 55 and was told to slow it down and have a good day.he didnt even ask about the "race only" exhaust or any other mod that would give me headaches in an inspection state

other than small towns and crooked teeth. its not bad. theres somehting to be said about living in a college town in the south. hotties from all over the country AND a mix of hot locals for the off season.
(p.s. for those of you that stereotype...alabama isnt all imbred babies and country living...Birmingham, al (about 45 min away) was voted one of the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in, in the U.S....it kind of makes you feel all wamr and proud. hahaha j/k:2far:

·
Registered
232 Posts

is the red part just a sticker? if so a heat gun is your best friend but keep it incase you ever re-sell the muffler. if its not a sticker try using paint markers but scuff the surface up first or any paint you use will chip....fast

if you live in CA and you get stopped and the cop decides to be a jerk...you just got CARBed/ticketed/ or impounded

CA is the most strict emmisions state in our country..... move to Alabama, i got told to slow down after getting pulled over doing 80 in a 55 and was told to slow it down and have a good day.he didnt even ask about the "race only" exhaust or any other mod that would give me headaches in an inspection state

other than small towns and crooked teeth. its not bad. theres somehting to be said about living in a college town in the south. hotties from all over the country AND a mix of hot locals for the off season.
(p.s. for those of you that stereotype...alabama isnt all imbred babies and country living...Birmingham, al (about 45 min away) was voted one of the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in, in the U.S....it kind of makes you feel all wamr and proud. hahaha j/k:2far:

·
Registered
195 Posts
virginia said as long as there is no exhaust escape /leakage.i will be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Clavamox (amoxicillin trihydrate/clavulanate potassium) is an orally administered formulation comprised of the broad-spectrum antibiotic Amoxi® (amoxicillin trihydrate) and the?- lactamase inhibitor, cat clavamox clavulanate potassium (the potassium salt of clavulanic acid). Amoxicillin trihydrate is a semisynthetic antibiotic with a broad spectrum of bactericidal activity against many gram-positive and gram-negative, aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. clavamox and amoxil does not resist destruction by ?-lactamases; therefore, it is not effective against ?-lactamaseproducing bacteria. Chemically, it is D(-)-?-amino-p-hydroxybenzyl penicillin trihydrate. discount clavamox for dogs, an inhibitor of ?-lactamase enzymes, is produced by the fermentation of Streptomyces clavuligerus. Clavulanic acid by itself has only weak antibacterial activity. Chemically, Clavamox Map, potassium is potassium z-(3R,5R)-2-?-hydroxyethylidene clavam-3- carboxylate. The susceptibility of these organisms has also been demonstrated in clavamox tablet dosage for cats, vivo studies. Studies have demonstrated that both aerobic and anaerobic flora are isolated from gingival cultures of dogs with clinical evidence of peridontal disease. Both gram-positive and gram-negative aerobic and clavamox lasting side effects for cats, isolates indicate sensitivity to amoxicillin/ clavulanic acid during antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
Boo this man!!!! :kick:

·
Registered
98 Posts
LOL, no I'm not trolling - but apparently it was a bad idea I can see that now - here was my thinking though:

1. People like the open face helmets because they can see/hear/feel more of the air while cruising around (maybe not at freeway speeds, but just around town)

2. Close face helmets are much safer, but its hard to hear in them, feels like being in a vacuum or a car or something

3. A modification to allow more sound in would be the best of both worlds..

But yea, I didn't think about the whistling wind noise that would likely result..

The structural integrity piece of it, I dunno - a small circular hole('s) surrounded by that much intact material might hold up just fine, unless it was a totally psycho accident in which case you'd probably be toast from all the other impact injuries anyway.. You can put holes in other very stable objects and they are quite structurally intact..

But no, I'm not gonna do it - I'll just buy an open face helmet for the below 50mph trips around town and such..

OK...Grab an egg and squeeze it with your hand. It probably won't break. Now drill 5 to 10 small holes all around the eggshell and squeeze it. Get ready to clean up a mess....same concept.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well I see what people are saying - when I'm up at highway speeds or thereabouts the sound reduction is desirable - was out last night on a windy PCH at about 65mph and was pretty loud even with the helmet on..
To be clear, wind noise at 65mph is loud enough that it will damage your hearing. Spend the $0.10 and wear some foam ear plugs so you don't end up with permanent hearing damage.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Earplugs/earplugs.htm

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Do you really mean to wear earplugs when riding on the highway? Its not that loud is it? Its loud and windy sounding, but not like unpleasantly loud.. I've never seen someone wearing earplugs on a bike..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
How can you tell if they're wearing a helmet?
The clowns who wear half helmets aren't concerned about their life so I doubt they'll be concerned about their hearing.

Constant wind noise can cause hearing loss in a short time and without a touring windscreen the Ninja gets a lot of airflow at the rider's head. Less if you've got clip-ons installed.
BTW, at high speeds the wind is so loud that you might not even be able to hear that new exhaust over the sound of it.
All serious riders I know wear earplugs for any highway trip longer than about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
566 Posts
What the hell? What's this have to do with accessories for the ninja 650?:thud:
SOVANE, South Africa — South Africa, trying to overcome years of denial and delay in confronting its monumental AIDS crisis, is now in the midst of a feverish buildup of testing, treatment and prevention that United Nations officials say is the largest and fastest expansion of AIDS services ever attempted by any nation.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you really mean to wear earplugs when riding on the highway? Its not that loud is it? Its loud and windy sounding, but not like unpleasantly loud.. I've never seen someone wearing earplugs on a bike..
Well, you seem to have it all figured out so dont let us with experience stop you.

But what do I know, I just spend 2 hours a day on mine 5 days/350 miles a week year round. There are others here who have ridden longer than most of us younger people have been alive.

:rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.