RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best regards team:

Follow the link to see my ZR-7 with drag bar installed and other trinckets...

- engine guards.
- rear rack.
- purple neon light in engine bay.
- red strobe light in the rear. (replaced rear reflector)
- red valve steam lights.
- drag/flat bar. (replaced the "clubman" bar).
- Sigma BC800 cycle computer/clock.
- GPS. (Magellan MAP330)
- EGR removal.
- Sylvania "Cool Blue" headlamp.
- homemade "race" can. (YEAAHHHH BABY..!)
- Oxford Sports soft luggage.
- Conversion to "European Specs." carbs. (tamper plugs removed).
- Bullet hole decal. (covers dent in tank) :)

http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/allalbums.asp?s=cano&u=1708622

On the left side at the bottom you can choose the viewer size for the pictures.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Now that's a straight bar ! I thought the holeshot bar was flat . You may find that your wrists hurt after a short time.

Tony

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drag bar

You may find that your wrists hurt after a short time.
Best Regards Tony:

Not as bad as the "Clubman" bar.....! The new "drag" bar feels very confortable..So far no problems, and I can feel the difference on my wrists..Altough I liked more the look with the Clubman bar...... :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
What exactly, is a homemade race can? Where did you get your bars?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey Itz, Guess since the bar is straight, it's not bad for wrists. How's the feel when leaning. Are you getting the urge to take out the cagers at the stoplights.:laugh: Hey, didn't really get a good look at the lights you listed. I've got some neon installed under front and rear wheel covers. Thought about engine bay too. What did you do there?

Tony

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lights

Best regards Team:

TONY: You can lean very confortable with the drag/flat bars..even at high speed is more easy to "duck" and reduce the wind blast. Regarding the lights they do not show very well...maybe because the use of the internal flash in the camera...Who knows...Will try to make mores test pictures and if they came OK I will post them. In the attached picture I made a "zoom" and you can see the purple glow coming from the engine bay...I'm also thinking about another purple light in the rear fender..By the way...How do you install yours in the front fender....? Does not seem to be too much space ther....Just wondering.

I got the the purple Neon light at Wal-Mart $9.95..They also have blue and read available...but is my understanding that Cops do not like to see civilians with red/blue lights in their vehicles..Altough I already download and studied the Texas Tansportation Code and there's nothing referring to Neon lights.

Ride Safe

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Neon

I took the dual 6 inch type with the separate power controler, and used double sided tape to adhered to the side inside wall of front fender. One on each side, just fits. Then I ran the wires right up between the shock and fender, well hidden. Then ran along the break line up to the fairing. I used a spiral cable wrap to hold it to break line, and not look like just a wire hanging out. I left just a little slack for suspention compression, so it didn't rip the wires out. I hid the controler inside my Rifle fairing, double side tape again. You must use the stonger tape, and clean the area with alcohol first. They have never come loose.

The back uses the longer neon with built in controler. Just screwed it to under tray. Ran wires up the hole in the undertray, I think where the original turn signal wires were run. All the wires run to switches I mounted on the side cover. I chose lighted toggles, so in the day, I'd know if I switched them on by mistake. Used the accessory harness for power.

They are all compleatly hidden, wires and all. At night, the front and rear wheels glow blue. Awesome look. Not legal, but I don't use them all the time. I want to light up the engine too. You can get carried away with neon, you know. Around here, many people have them. They're good for shows, and group events. They do make people stare. Guess I'm a bit of a poser at heart.:laugh:

Hey, no one's ever asked me about them on the board before. Thank's for finally letting me tell what I did. I love to wire stuff up. You should see my car sound system! 6 components and 9 speakers ! Say, what do you think of the neon headlight inserts ? Again not for everyday riding.

Tony
:)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Neons

Cool........! I will install another one in the rear fender...! Not sure about the front...! How easy is to remove the front fender...? Also I will install a toggle switch not sure about the location and I do not want to drill hole in the plastic, right now the neon stick is connected directly to the accesory leads trough a car cigarrete lighter adapter. So I do not cut anything on the Neon stick..by the way I got the 10"...I'll post some pictures to show how it looks in the inside of the engine bay.

Please, can you post some pictures of the bike and how you mount the switch for the neons and the wiring......?

I also tough I was the only crazy one installing neon lights in the ZR-7 here on the board...! :)

Any other "glowers" around....? c'mon get out of the closet and glow......!

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
NOOOO:eek: You don't remove the front fender ! You can just reach under there and stick um. Like a Glade air freshener:laugh:

As far as pictures, I've been meaning to load several in, but I'm a computer retard. I'll get the wife to help me out with this, or maybe our 15 year old son. He has his own site, he's into BMX stunts, along with all his friends. I'm sure he can help me out.

Hey, you can put switches under the seat, or around fairing area. Do you have a fairing ?

Team ZR-Glowers. I like it !:)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi Robert,

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

PS: Did you get my answer on the BMWs?

Aris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts