RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I found it an easy site to join and I am the exact opposite of computer savvy. Their site is made up of mostly older guys, I’d say, with loads of expertise.
I joined years ago when I owned a KZ1000P police bike that I wanted to de-tune to get better gas mileage (I wound up going from low 30's mpg to high 40’s). Anyways, after I posted my thread, I was in contact, by phone, with a guy who was willing to help because, apparently, de-tuning a 1000J engine is against all motorcyclists morals. That member wanted my police needles, so we arranged a swap. He swapped me more conservative needles and full advice on rejetting my carbs. We spoke for a couple hours on the phone.
It’s a good, active site. I’m sure you’ll have success there. You may want to contact a moderator there and explain your wishes. Those guys love old Kaws.

You wouldn’t happen to have a Honda Helix would you?
Sorry, never had a Helix.

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just found another old KZ440 frame buried under the raspberry plants when some trees came down last week. So I'm back up to 58 motorcycles. I'll probably dig it out this coming week and see if there's any interest here and on KZriders forum after talking to a moderator like you suggested.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts