RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
well over the years I've owned over 150 bikes. Most, probably 90 % were donated crash bikes. When I'd get 2-3 of the same model, I'd build one runner and sell it. 20 years ago I had difficulty keeping all these bikes as I had a small lot and had to rent space, ,but I was making $ selling completed bikes & parts to more than cover my expenses.
This really helped when we were raising kids the extra $ helped. I even built a website, but had ZERO sales from it, and it took way to0 much time to maintain. The kids left, we bought a house in the countryside, moved 75+/- bikes to the new house. Sold 9+ in first 10 years, but was finding customers on newer sites (facebook, etc etc) always trying to get me to lower the prices Before they even submitted bids............there was a reason I priced things the way I did. Pretty much stopped making $ and giving away more parts than selling.

It got to the point where it just wasn't worth my time anymore, plus the wife said "....you can keep 3-8 bikes, the rest have to go...."

So I've been taking 1-2 bikes to the junkyard,/ recycling center, costing me $10 + time to take out batteries, cut rims to get tires off etc etc.

I really need to redo my website and start selling the ones I have left before I junk them, I guess. Just hav eto find the time.

I'm kekeping my Kawasaki's 250/350's/500 triples, the ZR-7S, honda spree, Elite, cb750, suzuki 550's....Opps that's more than 8, like 13 or so. Wonder if the wife will notice that I'm building a new small 12x14 shed for the keepers :)
Peace,
michel

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A problem has developed, (called the WIFE) whom doesn't like my location of the new shed. Will have to dismantle the flooring joists and find a place where she "likes" it. :) Already have enough free metal roofing form my little brother. Actually probaably enugh to make the walls with the sheetmetal....could also have contributed to the wife's objections. Who knows the mind of a wifey? I don't.

·
Registered
331 Posts
And I was considering the need for my measly four bike collection. You have me beat. 🍻
If you have anymore Kwaks such as the kz400, there’s guys over at the KZRiders site that will buy. Or pretty much anything air cooled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts