RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there's nothing like walking out of work to go home and seeing your bike laying on its side....apparently someone decided to back into it, knock it over, and just leave....and of course, no one EVER see's anything! :blxsuspic

now i've got a dent in my damn tank (tank that was JUST replaced), scratched up bar end mirror and a broken clutch lever!!!

This has been the worst riding year of my life....i have at least 5x more wrench time than riding time this year :(

Anyone have any leads on an orange tank ? lol

·
Registered
691 Posts
That F###ing sucks!!!!! I might kill someone if that happened to me. Were there any cameras over the parking lot? sometimes you get lucky and catch the guy/gal on tape.
I'd hit up a repair shop, and see if they can work the dent out of the tank, I couldn't believe what they did with a friend of mine's bike!!!!!
good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm always afraid to walk out to something like that. Good luck getting everything fixed, hopefully next year will be a much better riding year for you.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
yea thats why i try not to use 'regular' car parking spots, i'd rather try and squeeze up against a wall, or in between buildings (50% of the time illegally parked) - but theres no chance of cars hitting my bike, just the occasional parking ticket which i've managed to avoid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sucks to hear man. It seems that just about every person in this country has lost the ability to take responsibility for their screw ups.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
That really really blows man, sorry to hear. I fear the day something like that happens to me but I am sure it will sooner or later. I also try not to use regular car parking spots, and if I do I park with my tail end backed way up, almost into the street. That way nobody will come hauling *** into the spot to fast to stop before nailing my bike. Good luck getting it back going and normal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That really really blows man, sorry to hear. I fear the day something like that happens to me but I am sure it will sooner or later. I also try not to use regular car parking spots, and if I do I park with my tail end backed way up, almost into the street. That way nobody will come hauling *** into the spot to fast to stop before nailing my bike. Good luck getting it back going and normal.
I always do that because it looks like an empty spot to the cars tooling around the lot if you pull all the way in. I basically make sure the tail or nose (depending on if I backed in or not) is right at the edge of the white line. I also try to park dead in the center so that no one hits it with a door.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man, that's terrible! Really sorry to hear that. That's something I have always feared when I park my bike in public and worry what I might find when I get back.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am sorry to heat that. I remember one time at my apartment I had my 650 parked out front and this old lady was like "I almost knocked your bike over when I pulled in. You should try parking in the emergency area." lol I told her she just needed to pay attention to what she's doing. I was amazed someone had the never to say something like that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found a guy who will fix the tank and repaint for 300...usually charges 600 but he is my wife's, sisters bf so he is doing me a favor....extended family discount i guess....anyway....I cant find the color code for pearl blazing orange :( anyone know where i can get the paint?!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That does suck man. Only time something like that happened to me was back in 95 when I was visiting my parents in OKC on my ZX-6 and my nephew was checking out his cool uncle's bike and tried to get on it and knocked it over in the driveway while we were all inside. He was too scared (of his dad, not me) to say anything so I didn't know about it until I went to leave. Then he confessed, but it's hard to get too mad at your nephew for being curious.

Color Rite has the paint:

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colors.cfm?CFID=2100415&CFTOKEN=87874690

Color code is 3420 Topcoat and 1420 base, good luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ahhh crap man, that sucks! And yes, I'd HATE that too.

My wife knocked my Z1000 over a few weeks ago....while both of us were on it...hahaha. I explained to her, right there on the side of the interstate, that this is why women get beat!...lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts