RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a few extra bucks and plenty of downtime since there is about 3" of snow on the ground so I decided to send my stock seat to Spencer's.

I contacted him via e-mail as requested through his website, got a response that afternoon. It was very in depth and gave me a lot of information about what he needs to know about me and what he can do to make the Z1000 a more comfortable mount. Due to the thin nature of our seat, it is necessary to go with the "SupraCor LD" mod. For the extra $25, I was going to do it regardless. Let's face it, I'll be getting a much more comfortable seat (over the stocker) for a fraction of the price of a Corbin or other seat of the like and it will still look stock (which I consider to be a plus, I don't like really flashy mods).

Although it will be a while, due to the weather, before I can get some miles on the seat, I'll at least sit on it once I get it back. FedEx said it should be there by Wednesday, Spencer said his turnaround is no more than 48 hours, and I can expect about 3 days to get the seat back. Hopefully next Monday I can share with you all the verdict!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice, he did mine and I like it a lot better than stock.

Turnaround should be quick too, he did the work on mine and shipped it back the same day he received it

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well worth the $$, and WAY more value than an aftermarket seat, and at a fraction of hte cost. I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the seat back today. Opened up the box and couldn't tell if he had touched it or not! haha I immediately put it on the bike, and oh mylanta does it feel nice! All I can say is what an excellent service that man offers. I would recommend him to anyone!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he can reuse the stock seat cover, that's what he did with mine. You can have him make it taller. I had him level it out a bit in the front so that I don't slide in to the tank so much. Haven't had a chance to ride due to the weather but I have sat on the bike for a bit. Much, much more comfortable than stock. Best thing is it looks stock, and cost well under the price of a Corbin. Yeah you can pick up a used Corbin but I've heard that once the Corbin has "formed" to a rider you can't change it so you might as well throw away your money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went through Spencer also, quick turn around time and great communication. If you look on the bottom of the seat the staples have been moved around. That is the quickest way to see if something was done, not that this was a concern for me.

Unfortunately my bike is behind 1m of snow, so will not have a chance to try it out until the weather warms up and some snow melts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Where is Spencer's site? I'm turning my bike into a sport tourer and I can't handle the seat beyond 2 hrs (leans too much fwd) I am considering Corbin but I've tried them before and found them stiff and wide for my liking, and harder to lean off the bike because of the shape

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greatdaytoride.com

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just wanted to know how the seat is after a year of use? I'm thinking of having this done in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
+1 on Spencerizing, that was the first mod I did to my Ninja. A year and 18,000 miles later and I couldn't be happier for the price.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lol ya I'm gonna get it done next week, just waiting on some mailbox money:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok, this is totally off topic but did anyone else watch that vid on spencers website??? That video gave me a major hard on...lol I cant wait to take my 10r to the track this year.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok, this is totally off topic but did anyone else watch that vid on spencers website??? That video gave me a major hard on...lol I cant wait to take my 10r to the track this year.
Because of your comment I did. That was an awesome video!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts