RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I've been reading a few posts lately where people are referring to their bikes' names. So, how many of you have named your bike? Mine does not have one, but I'm open to suggestions.

And no, "Scrapey", "Crashy", "Dent", or "Chicane" are not acceptable, thank you.

Emrah

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
As I said in another thread, my Harley's name is Alice. That name was inherited along with the bike. As for my ZRX....I don't have a name for it yet, but I need to start thinking of one. Funny....I know guys name their bikes women's names usually, but I tried naming mine a guys name, and it just doesn't work. Even as a woman rider, I suspect my bike has a woman's name just waiting for me to figure it out! I'm open to suggestions!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
my zr-7's name is 'patience' for a couple of reasons. i really did spend a lot of time researching which bike to buy and since i changed my mind from my original pick (bandit) i think i really paid attention to my own info gathering. i also a whole week after the test ride to make sure i was making a sound decision. lastly, it reminds to slow down and take it a little easy. important since it has almost twice as much HP as my last bike, which was my first real motorcycle.

my last bike was a yamaha 650 v-star and her name was 'veronica'. i told her new owner her name when i sold her. i mention this becuase twyla's post got me thinking, do you have a responsibility to keep a used bike's name if it has one or can you rename it? i think i'd be inclined to keep a name whether i liked it or not. what do you guys think?

scott :)

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
I know that some of us have had our ZR's down so why not correctly name the machine...................Braindamage;) ,Terminal Veloscity :eek: , O' ****:eek: (I've used this term more than once),Death Wish:angel: , Police Magnet:cool: . I personally don't feel the need to start a relationship with an inantimate object. So I just call mine .........
..............My bike.:smilewink

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Oh lord no, please don't name your bike men. Please refer to olympic thread.:laugh: Mine does have a good luck charm of sorts, though. I've mentioned it before, I think. A 2000 gold dollar coin looking out from the fairing. She has a name. Not the bike.

Tony

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
I think there was a similar thread a few months ago. Its a good thing we are so old, Tony, Tom, me... The nice thing about being old is that we can always repeat the same subject every few months and its like a new topic. Not to mention we are always making new friends (even though they are the same people).

My wife calls my bike "stupid old motorcycle".

Andy

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
:laugh: My wife calls mine "That frigin thing.":laugh:

Oh crap, it does have a name !:laugh:

·
Registered
360 Posts
My daughter named my bike Scarlett or Crimson Thunder -where do these kids get these ideas (she's 10).

I have always assigned guy-type personnas to my rides....but what the hell. If anybody asks for a name: I'll just say that I like riding scarlett anywhere I can! Howz that??

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Today I have decided....

I will now name my bike.

It's name will be....ANDY.

In honor of all who have skidded, used their rear brake, and landed in the bushes along the California road side, next to Alices'.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:(

Emrah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts