RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the Cortech Super 2.0 24-Liter Motorcycle Tail Bag. I've seen it on Amazon, it looks nice and gets great reviews, but who knows if any of those reviewers ride a Ninja 650?

If you have it, do you like it? Any mounting issues? Is it hard/impossible to access the helmet hook when it's mounted? (I have a 2015, with the separate rider and passenger seats.) Any feedback from a genuine owner would be helpful; thanks!

Here's a link to it on Amazon 71NpZzGw9PL._SL1001_.jpg :

Amazon.com: Cortech Super 2.0 24-Liter Motorcycle Tail Bag - Black / 13.4" L x 14.2" W x 7.5" D: Automotive

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought that bag to use on my Ducati Monster and more recently I had it on my CBR900RR. It is a very useful and well made bag. It is quite roomy, has nice stiff sides so it doesn't collapse, and mine came with a good rain cover. I can't speak to the helmet hook and mounting on a 650, but I think you should be able to find a good way to mount it to your bike.

One thing I would caution on any tail bag is that you find a way to ensure the bag can not slide back off the rear seat or even slid enough to where it is dangling off the back which could be a real safety issue.

I'll try to find some time to actually mount it on my 650 later today or tomorrow and give you an update.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very helpful, thanks! If you can actually mount it on the 650 I'd be real curious to see how it goes; if you could include a pic or two, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's the "various strapping methods" that I'm curious about, since this would be my only bag on the bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very helpful, thanks! If you can actually mount it on the 650 I'd be real curious to see how it goes; if you could include a pic or two, that would be awesome.
No pics. I went out to slip the bag on, but it wasn't on the shelf where I keep it. After looking around without luck I finally remembered I lent it to a friend from Phoenix so he could carry some extra stuff home that he had purchased while in my area. I told him no hurry, but I guess I better remind him, it has been since late summer.

Sorry about that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics. I went out to slip the bag on, but it wasn't on the shelf where I keep it. After looking around without luck I finally remembered I lent it to a friend from Phoenix so he could carry some extra stuff home that he had purchased while in my area. I told him no hurry, but I guess I better remind him, it has been since late summer.

Sorry about that.
LOL no prob, Flag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts