RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a K&N oil filter along with some gear on a website. Does the ZR-7S take a cartridge (no outside casing)??? I would assume it doesn't...thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Oil Filter Element...

Josh, I'm not sure I fully understand your question.... The oil filter for the ZR-7(S) is just the element (for lack of a better word). No outside case, not a spin on filter.

The element sits in a "cup" on a "plate" that is on the bottom of the engine.

Take a look at this link there is a good word document with photos that will help you out quite well. That link also has a list of filters for the ZR-7(S).

Hope this helps.....:wavehand:

·
Registered
986 Posts
IIRC The K&N part number for our oil filter is 401.
Its the same filter as the old Z1 and Z650 used, as well as many Honda's (Early Gold Wing CB750 etc)

As Gump said the filter sits into a housing in the sump pan. the 'cup' being a sort of baffle that persuades the oil to flow through the upper sections of the filter.

The new one should come with 2 O-rings, one for the bolt and one for the cover plate, but often (as they are 'the same' as the Honda filters) the O-rings are sightly too large (in circumference)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have read up on the type of filter first lol. Just threw me off as I was expecting an oil filter with a case. I do have the right one (401), also thanks for that article!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts