RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah I've seen those integrated rear cluster lights, but I thought they were illegal in the UK?
if they wasn't then lol they are now

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've seen a 12" spike used to poke holes in a Hurst Red Bullet muffler to get that more throaty sound and a sanded bare aluminum soda can used as a flared exhaust tip.
A long long time ago, we ZR7 owners were drilling holes in the baffle of the stock muffler, to free it up a bit (and to try to get rid of the dreaded 4,250 approx RPM vibration). I did it. Then the stock muffler got scratched in a (very, very minor accident, and in no way my fault - I was stationary at the time) so I got it replaced under insurance with a Micron. Much better noise, oops I mean much more efficient use of scarce petroleum resources.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
HEY forgandonyy...WTH are you babbling. make sense or just GO AWAY.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A long long time ago, we ZR7 owners were drilling holes in the baffle of the stock muffler, to free it up a bit (and to try to get rid of the dreaded 4,250 approx RPM vibration). I did it. Then the stock muffler got scratched in a (very, very minor accident, and in no way my fault - I was stationary at the time) so I got it replaced under insurance with a Micron. Much better noise, oops I mean much more efficient use of scarce petroleum resources.
Can you take the baffle out to do this or do you mean the silencer itself?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Oops, sorry I only just saw this ... (yes, I know it's more than 3 years ago)

Can you take the baffle out to do this or do you mean the silencer itself?
From memory, you take off the muffler and where it joins the pipe is where you drill the holes. The baffle stays in there - not removed.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts