RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
For $0.00 I changed out the stock horn for nice hefty duel-tone set from a car. Heads definitely turn when I honk. Took a couple hours b/c I was very careful in making sure the horns didn't interfere w/ steering or "travel" from vibration. I'll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Luggage stays

Thought I'd post the mod I did to the arse end of the bike.

Stock the ZR-7 I think is pug ugly at the back I hate those luggage stays on both sides, so I decided to chop them off for the clean look.

Before:

After:

much nicer to look at :) - but how the hell am I going to carry my sandwiches to work now????

I screwed some metal hoops that I had lying around under my seat, and bought some 1" straps from my local hardware shop, now I'm able to strap my bag to the pillion seat for commuting to work, and when not in use they fold up under the seat for that clean look. I use to hate using bungee cords for tying my bag down I feared for my eyes every time I stretched the buggers across and they kept rubbing on my nice paintwork :(

anyway here's some pics:

Just need to sort out a tail tidy for that even cleaner arse end LOL :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
if ur going down that route then u should get one of those intergrated tail lights with the indicators in it,
u can buy them of ebay but they come from germany from wat i could see

·
Registered
324 Posts
well im not sure iv seen them on a few sports bike down in devon but i would check that out first if u wanna get one

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Looks good. You could get one of those cargo nets for like 5 bucks, and it stretches big enough for me to get my girls helmet on the back. You could also hack off the rear fender and really clean the look up. Dont really need it since you got that hugger. Look at the other mods for DIY Fender eliminator.

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?64996-LED-Tail-light-from-Ebay-with-pics&highlight=

Thats the LED tail lights. Dont know how they would be illegal, but I dont want to tell you wrong.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i attcualy just cut of the bottom of the rear fender about 20 mins ago looks alot better now :D
well the problem is nightviper19 that the UK police are quite anoying when it comes to things like changing indicators because UK law often has rules about the distence between indicators etc so it could be a problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my ZR 7s a few weeks ago and love it. This thread is very useful.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just used this to do the integrated taillight on my ZR7S, worked perfect! I look forward to doing some more of the DIY stuff. Thanks for the compilation!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
The soda is his plug for the exhaust to keep the mice out of the exhaust canister when the bike's sitting.

Reactions: ZRWookie-7S

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
We've got snakes and hawks to take care of those pesky mice.
I recall seeing a guy who's cans had rusted out on his bike so he did the following fix. He cut the rusted back off the exhaust cans and got a Fram oil filter for a car. He cut the solid end off the filter and insterted it into the gutted exhaust to make the baffle. The filter was held in place with 3 sheet metal screws thru the steel into the oil filter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I recall seeing a guy who's cans had rusted out on his bike so he did the following fix. He cut the rusted back off the exhaust cans and got a Fram oil filter for a car. He cut the solid end off the filter and insterted it into the gutted exhaust to make the baffle. The filter was held in place with 3 sheet metal screws thru the steel into the oil filter.
Sounds like something people in my area would do! Ever seen a Folgers can used for a muffler on a car? I have.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Sounds like something people in my area would do! Ever seen a Folgers can used for a muffler on a car? I have.
I've seen a 12" spike used to poke holes in a Hurst Red Bullet muffler to get that more throaty sound and a sanded bare aluminum soda can used as a flared exhaust tip.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts