RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the zx-10r.net forum. A member did a complete write up on how to make a Servo buddy for damn near nothing!!
I've used it twice now on my 2 zx10s.

It may work for the newer 2007-2012 z1000 naked/ ninja/ z1000sx models. I know the Gen1 didn't have a servo motor for the exhaust that controlled the flap in the mid pipe.
Take a look and let me know if the wiring matches up. It will save you alot of money!!

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102827

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was curious about that. I don't know why kawi would make all different types of servo motors. I asked about this on a zx6 forum (I am slowly trying to get my buddies zx6 back on the road) and they said it had to be tweaked to make it work. That guy was selling it though and didn't want to say how. He seemed upset that I put that link up so it might have just been competition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is from the zx-10r.net forum. A member did a complete write up on how to make a Servo buddy for damn near nothing!!
I've used it twice now on my 2 zx10s.

It may work for the newer 2007-2012 z1000 naked/ ninja/ z1000sx models. I know the Gen1 didn't have a servo motor for the exhaust that controlled the flap in the mid pipe.
Take a look and let me know if the wiring matches up. It will save you alot of money!!

I Built My Own Servo Eliminator For 9 Bucks. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Thank you.:wavehand:
And the Gen 1 (04-05) Does have the valve in the exhaust pipe.
This does work in all ZX10R's from 2004 to 2010.
Never mind, your talking about the Z1000's, not the ZX10R's. D'oh
Never tested any Z1000's.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just realized who you are. I am on zx10r.net. It's a great site with tons of info and good people. I cruise that site as much as this one and I don't even have a zx10.

·
Registered
12 Posts
as for the servo motor on the newer zeds you don't even need to do that if you put a new exhaust on the bike. It doesn't turn all the way around like they did on the zx6r's and the zx10r.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just realized who you are. I am on zx10r.net. It's a great site with tons of info and good people. I cruise that site as much as this one and I don't even have a zx10.
I now build Exhaust Servo Motor Eliminators for ...

All year ZX10R's 2004 thru 2012
ZX6R's 2005 thru 2012
Z1000's 2007 thru 2012

And as for the guy that says the new ZX10R's don't need one. WRONG
If you remove the Exhaust Servo Motor, You will get a FI light.
Only way to avoid that is to have the ECU flashed. 300 to 350 bucks for that.
Or pick up an Servo Eliminator from me. Hellsrazor

·
Registered
9 Posts
First....thanks for doing the R&D and sharing the results. Second, I have a 2011 N1K, and assume the Z1000 servo eliminator will work....

What are the component values for the Z1000's? Is it the same set-up as the one in top post, i.e., 220 ohm, 4.7K ohm, and .470 micro farad cap? Is the wiring schematic the same or different?

TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
First....thanks for doing the R&D and sharing the results. Second, I have a 2011 N1K, and assume the Z1000 servo eliminator will work....

What are the component values for the Z1000's? Is it the same set-up as the one in top post, i.e., 220 ohm, 4.7K ohm, and .470 micro farad cap? Is the wiring schematic the same or different?

TIA
The Z1000 is different than the ZX10R 2011-12
Here is a pic of my servo eliminator I make for ZX6R's, ZX10R's, Z1000's, Z750's.
Email me if interested. $38 bucks shipped.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bring up a really old thread, but does this work for a 2007 z750?
Got the dreaded FI light today, flicked it into dealer mode and got error 63
So I unhooked my butterfly valve cables and tried turning the ignition to on and its the servo that has died. The valve cables pull back and forth freely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So replace the 220 ohm resistor for a 330 ohm and it will work on a '06 ZX-6R? I made one like on ZX-10R.net, but it only worked intermittenly.
That design didn't work out either.
I did figure out a working design tho.
But I now sell them for $38 shipped.
If interested, my PayPal address is [email protected]
Make sure to include your shipping address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That design didn't work out either.
I did figure out a working design tho.
But I now sell them for $38 shipped.
If interested, my PayPal address is [email protected]
Make sure to include your shipping address.
You posted how to make the original servo elliminator, but are no longer willing to give the design away? I understand you did all the R&D, but I was trying to do the fix on the cheap. I have the skill to make the circuit myself, just lack the knowledge/schematic design. Still $20 cheaper than the Servo Buddy so I am sure you will get buyers who can not/don't have time to bother making it themselves. The rest of us DIY'ers would love to know the secret...:mouthwate

·
Registered
9 Posts
You posted how to make the original servo elliminator, but are no longer willing to give the design away? I understand you did all the R&D, but I was trying to do the fix on the cheap. I have the skill to make the circuit myself, just lack the knowledge/schematic design. Still $20 cheaper than the Servo Buddy so I am sure you will get buyers who can not/don't have time to bother making it themselves. The rest of us DIY'ers would love to know the secret...:mouthwate
Yes, I originally did. But since then I have invested a sum of money in to this project and mass produce them.
I have put a lot of work in to this and now want to get my return out of it.
My new design works flawlessly, the old one proved to have problems over time.
So I sell them for $38 shipped in the CONUS.
I keep the price cheap so my fellow riders have a much more affordable alternative.

·
Registered
2 Posts

TIA
On my 2013 z1k the original values 220 ohm 4.7k works just fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts