RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the members have any idea of the devil pipes, mainly the shotgun, they look neat and they sound great, would like some feedback on it before I buy.

Thanks
Mark:)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
hmmm, let's see....er....bag pipes, no......hash pipe, nope......deviled ham..,uh......devil may care, nah..... ok, what are devil pipes? Is it an exhaust can, entire system? Who makes it? :?

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I just cruised around the site for a few minutes, but I couldn't find a pipe for the ZR-7. I didn't look real hard though.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Devil SB2 Titanium

I have installed the Devil SB2 Titanium on my ZR7 and it sounds as good as it looks.
I should have posted a pic long time ago but the bike is in the dealer waiting for gearbox parts :(
I posted about it before, maybe it was in the previous forum.

Check it out at www.devil.fr

They have a facility to show the pipe on the bike which is great!

My pipe is of top quality and finish and doesn't need any cutting to install it like some other cans for the ZR7.
It's loud (race only) but the sound is deep and mellow, sounds great in the mountain and it provides safety in the city.
The titanium satin finish is as good as new after 4 months.

Aris

·
Registered
965 Posts
Devil Tuning

The tuning for the ZR7 (carbon) ´costs 847 Euro.
I found better prices from SAV, the German importer.

try it at www.s-a-v.com
Here is the part number for the tuning (double shotgun) pipe.

TUNING DOUBLE HIGH CARBON 53379

I have to warn you that the double pipe is more difficult to tune, at least that's what Greek magazine Moto found out when tuning their CB600 Hornet project bike. The went back to the SB2 (like mine).
The SB2 is a pipe that has many followers and it's sound has become very familiar in the eurpean racing scene.
My bike runs perfect now (well whan it will be on the road again) with K&N filter, 112 main jests and 1mm shims on the needles.
Maybe it's not well known in US but in Europe they are very respected. This year the "4 hours of Man were won by A suzuki GSXR1000 with Devil exhauist system.
They have been making exhausts for more than 30 years!
The ZR7 is very popular in france and this pipe suits it perfect.
I hope this info is helpful.

Aris

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pic of devil pipe

found a pic of the shotgun devil pipe on the zr-7, it sounds and looks great I think I'm going to buy.

Thanks for the advice and help

Mark

·
3,610 Posts
Hopefully you don't ride with a passenger, I can hear it now. "You paid how much for this pipe to have it cook my leg!?!?" Oh the horror.....maybe if it had some shield on it or something, but I wouldn't get the 2 can system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pipe heat

Stan

Thats not important, its better to look good than feel good, anyway when a she rides on the back she will have to wear asbestos pants, I dont see it as too much of a problem, unfortunatly I'm the only but on the bike. I hope that will change. I'm not sure I spelled Asbestos right though. thanks for the concern.

CU
Mark:smilewink

·
Registered
965 Posts
The 'tuning' pipe is only produced in Carbon, and carbon doesn't get hot enough to burn anything.
Problem solved :)
You'll have more problems tuning the 'tuning' silencer as I mentioned earlier.
I think that's why they call it 'tuning' in the first place :D

Aris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts