RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a number of photos floating around with 9 inches can on Ninja 650 but I can't find 14 inch version anywhere.
Would it be super ugly let along even fit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran into the same issue years ago on a Versys650. I ended up going with the 9" DS70 carbon. Great quality exhaust but you have to definitely use high temp copper silicone or equivalent, on the connecting joints to eliminate exhaust leaks. The sound was amazing with little or no popping on decel. I'm now in the same boat, looking at an exhaust for my ninja 650. I keep looking at the 14 but never seen one on our rides. I definitely don't want it scraping before the peg feeler. I already owned the DS70, I may go with the 8" mini this time. I just have a feeling the 14" may drag on corners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran into the same issue years ago on a Versys650. I ended up going with the 9" DS70 carbon. Great quality exhaust but you have to definitely use high temp copper silicone or equivalent, on the connecting joints to eliminate exhaust leaks. The sound was amazing with little or no popping on decel. I'm now in the same boat, looking at an exhaust for my ninja 650. I keep looking at the 14 but never seen one on our rides. I definitely don't want it scraping before the peg feeler. I already owned the DS70, I may go with the 8" mini this time. I just have a feeling the 14" may drag on corners.
Yeah 9" DS70 would fit nicely but I heard 14" to 13" would sound so much nicer. I had 9" one on ninja 300 and I hated the sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah 9" DS70 would fit nicely but I heard 14" to 13" would sound so much nicer. I had 9" one on ninja 300 and I hated the sound.
Did you have the baffle in? I ran my versys with the baffle installed and it sounded awesome. Nice and deep. I have heard some videos with the delkivic without the baffle and they sound raspy in the upper rpm's. You can see some videos of the 14" on youtube if you look at the z650. I don't think I like how far it sticks out, personally.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
There are a number of photos floating around with 9 inches can on Ninja 650 but I can't find 14 inch version anywhere.
Would it be super ugly let along even fit?
Not ugly at all, sounds better than the annoying 9" system, also - takes only 1 hour to fit the complete system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts