RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a chance to go to a Honda open house. The bikes presented include the new VFR, XX Blackbird, RC51 and CBR954RR.

The only problem is: you can only ride one. :(

So, which one? :rolleyes:

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
My husband owns an RC51 and everyone drools over it when they see it....but of course the modifications he's made have made it even better. If I could touch the ground, you can guarantee that's the one I'd try out. When he rides by I can feel the power through that exhaust....man oh man....I do love that bike!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Why is the RC51 so much heavier than the CBR? I would almost consider buying an RC51, just because I love the way it looks, but it's as heavy as the 955i I like. Seems weird coming from the company that also makes the world's lightest open-class liter bike. Too bad the CBR929's and 954's are so damn ugly...

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Take the Blackbird. It's a 150mph armchair but its the only one in the bunch that will allow you to touch down easy. Whilst the others will struggle to find anything like the limits you can grind the pegs/fairing lower etc and have a great day out.

:)

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Triple said:
Why is the RC51 so much heavier than the CBR
Hi Triple,

From what I understand, it is due to the big bang those two 500cc cylinders make. You need to have a bigger/heavier crank and rods.

Andy

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
titomike said:
Take the Blackbird. It's a 150mph armchair but its the only one in the bunch that will allow you to touch down easy. Whilst the others will struggle to find anything like the limits you can grind the pegs/fairing lower etc and have a great day out.

:)
DITTO, Tom :cool: I rode behind one for about 3-4 miles once, impressive bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts