RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see a list of great motorcycle people how have gone on to their rewards. I'll start with a few. Please add as you think of them.
Mike Hailwood
Elmer Trett
John Britten
Barry Sheene
Jimmy Adamo
There are so many . Who was your hero ?
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Last three added:

Mike Hailwood
Elmer Trett
John Britten
Barry Sheene
Jimmy Adamo
Joe Dunlop
Steve Hislop
Daijiro Kato

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kel Carruthers
Dave Shultz
Rickey Graham
Doug Damokas
I'm sure these are only the tip of the iceburg.

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:sadpace: Yeh,Zed. Pappys are the greatest heros. Mine gave up smoking for a year to pay for my Kawasaki Trail Boss in 1970. He'd still be here if he'd stayed off the smoke.:mecry:

I don't want to forget Dakar ...Fabrizio Meoni
Richard Sainct
Jose Manuel Perez

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Now, Ed's thinking "outside the box," and I like it.

Peter O'Toole as "T.E.Lawrence," was that really Peter on the Vincent or just a special effect ?

Zed Kilo, maybe YOU could fill us all in on this mystery of faith, or then again, maybe you are just as clueless as the rest if us, and hanging off of a Cliff.

Enlighten us with your words of wisdom, oh trivial one...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mick Doohan
John Surtees
Kevin Schwantz

·
Registered
129 Posts
DOH! :doh :buried: My bad, overlooked the "dead" part in the title. Sorry about that.
In that case my late heroes would be..
Andy Caldecott & Joey Dunlop.

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx, man ,You scared me there for a minute. I saw Kevin in March at Daytona. I'll be see'n John Surtees at Barbers in October for the vintage festival.

·
Registered
664 Posts
David Jeffries:

Moments after crossing the finish line of his first lap and reminding the world, yet again, that he was indeed the fastest man on the Island, laying down the fastest practice lap of the 2003 Isle of Man, nine-time TT winner, defending race champion and current track record holder David Jefferies died.

After setting the mark aboard his Temple Auto Salvage Suzuki GSX-R1000 with a fastest-lap-of-the week - on his first lap! - of 125.2 mph, David Jefferies lost control entering a high-speed, flat-out kink in the center of the village. While rival John McGuinness was able to get his Ducati stopped, Triumph rider Jim Moodie crashed in the debris and was airlifted to Noble's Hospital in nearby Douglas.

30-year-old Jefferies, of Baildon, West Yorkshire, set a new outright one-lap track record when he lapped the 37.73 mile circuit at an average speed of 127.29 mph en route to winning the 2002 Formula 1 Senior TT - he also won the 2002 Isle of Man Production TT, his second consecutive Production TT victory. Since 1999, David Jefferies won nine TTs and set eight lap records.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I almost forgot the legendary Aussie hero Gregg Hansford.

1952 Born in Australia
1973 Wins Australian 500cc title
Wins Australian Unlimited title

1977 Daytona 200 finished 4th

1978 World motorcycle GP debut with Kawasaki, 7 wins
250cc GP; runner-up
350cc GP; 3rd overall

1979 World motorcycle GP with Kawasaki
250cc GP; runner-up
350cc GP; 3rd overall; 3 wins
( I think he is still the last man to win a World Motorcycle GP race on a Kawasaki )

1980 Suzuka 8 hour; runner up

Gregg was tragically killed at Phillip Island at the wheel of a Mondeo Super Touring Car in 1995.

·
Registered
89 Posts
are we all forgetting the legendary burt munro
set the land speed record for streamlined motorcycles in 1967 a record that to this day has not been beat. and he did it on a 1922 indian
the movie the worlds fastest indian was based on him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts