RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Danmoto Exhaust Review & Pictures, Video

Got it yesterday. Didn't take too long too install. The most difficult part was getting the mid pipe on the header. I was only able to put it in a little over half way, I tried everything. Tried to widen the mid pipe, put some lubricant, hit it with a rubber hammer. It did not want to go all the way in the way the stock exhaust was. Had about an inch further to go on the headers from where the stock was. Did anyone else have the same experience? I don't think it makes much of a difference. Just wondering if I was the only one.

I love the sounds. I had a carbon fiber Arrow with the baffle out and I can tell you, to me this one sounds way better. Much lower tone, it is pretty loud. In lower rpms it sounds fine. It's when you start tearing it up when it sounds like a beast. The built quality seems good.

I would recommend before putting on those springs that connect the exhaust and the mid pipe. Take some pliers and clamp the top 2 rings. This way that tip wont fly off. I heard of some people loosing the springs. I had one fly off when I was trying to install it. Clamping the top rings fixed the problem.

Sounds really good, looks good. For $120 can beat it. If it breaks I can get another one and it is still cheaper than any other pipe out there. I recommend it.

2012-03-01 01.05.07.jpg 2012-03-01 01.05.18.jpg 2012-03-01 01.05.32.jpg

And my dog
2012-02-29 15.50.58.jpg

Here is a video with the sounds at full throttle.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will make a video today and post it. I have no idea about the repacking. Not much to repack. Looks like a straight shot from the headers to the face :smashfrea:FIREdevil

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks good man! Like I said earlier I have the EXACT same exhausts.... I used a 2ft. piece of 2x4 and a mallet and hit the mid pipe all the way up to the flange on the header... I put a rag over the mid pipe opening and then put the 2x4 over that.. took a few good hard whacks but made it up.... ALSO... I'm telling you now that the rubber inside the clamp is going to melt.. I bout some 1" black shrink tube and put it over the clamp.. and it looks great.. just a little tip :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's good to know. I heard of a few people melting and then some who said it never did. I wonder if they fixed the problem with the newer ones. When did you get yours?

I went to Home Depot and got some electric shrink tube. Suppose to handle up to 105c. I am guessing that wont melt. Do you have a picture of your bracket with the shrink tube? Curios what it looks like.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Exhausts get way hotter than 105c my man. That ****'s gonna burn.

I am contemplating getting a Danmoto titanium exhaust. But those break too. I could get it welded up, but for that $$$ I might as well go with something name brand.

·
Registered
316 Posts
No sliders?

That pipe looks alright, but for 120, its alright... Honestly i wouldn't have tried to force the pipe in. That just shows how much research and development they put into designing the pipe.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Im not gonna dog on the exhaust cuzz i have it, and i LOVE it. been running the conical for about 1000k now and NO problems. TIGGI, if you look at my profile i have a pic of my bike with the shrink tube.. do 2 layers adds a lil ''oomph'' to it :) I been running that shrink tube for a good month now with no problems. If you want a more LEGIT pic let me no.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the Danmoto and I LOVE it. I first had it on without the baffle. I loved the sound, but thought I might be pissing people off a little TOO much. I put the baffle in it and it made it a little muted but still VERY loud and tough sounding. LOVE IT. Tiggi, do you have the baffle in?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Danmoto and I LOVE it. I first had it on without the baffle. I loved the sound, but thought I might be pissing people off a little TOO much. I put the baffle in it and it made it a little muted but still VERY loud and tough sounding. LOVE IT. Tiggi, do you have the baffle in?
I do not have the baffle in. I never got it. I like it just the way it is. If I want to be quite in my neighborhood I just kick it into higher gear and go in lower RPMs. I noticed at low RPMs it's fairly quite. But it does start barking after 5k. I am happy with my purchase. I recommend it. The next cheapest exhaust is the Arrow for an extra $150. I like the sound of the DanMoto better, I had an Arrow. If this guy breaks, I will just get another and it will still be cheaper than getting the next cheapest exhaust.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wouldn't recommend a poorly designed pipe, its the same reason you can't use a ZX6R muffler on a 650 or another bikes exhaust.

Exhaust systems are designed to get the most out of the most in low end and top end. Putting the wrong muffler can result in low low-end power.

·
Registered
533 Posts
right....... disagree. Mufflers are designed by the engineers to what they think will be the best. BUT then you have aftermarket manufacturers and more engineers who test these exhausts with performance results. SO, yes you are correct about the stock pipe being probably the best, BUT I feel a lot of difference with my aftermarket exhaust. so could go both ways.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
right....... disagree. Mufflers are designed by the engineers to what they think will be the best. BUT then you have aftermarket manufacturers and more engineers who test these exhausts with performance results. SO, yes you are correct about the stock pipe being probably the best, BUT I feel a lot of difference with my aftermarket exhaust. so could go both ways.
Take a look at this image and tell me you think there was an "engineer" involved.
View attachment 55978
I won't dispute there may be some gain in power or torque, and one might get the "loud as hell" exhaust note some want, but I'm positive these things are the result of common knowledge, and NOT specific engineering to the bike.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not on a drag strip trying to shave mili seconds of my time. This is not some super bike. It's for fun bike. Cheap, looks good, sounds good, fun, 3 hp gain or loss, couldn't care less.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why not fork out an extra $150 on a quality product with a company backing the product.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No value for spending extra $150. Seen post about almost all of the companies with exhaust falling apart. Including my own CF Arrow. I rather spend 120 and if it breaks, spend another 120. Makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a video with the bike at full throttle. It is definitely much basser in person. My phone microphone cannot handle that much bass.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts