RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
The seat is much bigger and cushier than even the 650 banana seat. There's definitely more material to work with for shaping and customizing. I sent mine to Spencer with greatdaytoride.com for the Supracor treatment. I don't have any complaints with the seat. I would note that it's a little wide and the bike is tall. I do think some people try to narrow it in a bit to make it easier to get a foot down.

I'm debating on lowering it slightly to make it easier for me to maneuver with more stable footing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my 2016 N650 for 2.5 years and 5500 miles (bought it with 1100 on it in early 2017). I lost all of one summer and into fall due to my foot in a boot. I also have a Yamaha Raider which gets some miles when I want the cruiser ride. I weight about 165-170 and typically have most of the gear to all the gear. I find the N650 will handle 70-80 on the highway from a power standpoint without straining. I'm not a top end racer at my age (over 50) so I can't speak for it's 60-100-120 pull rate against other bikes but I can say it will run up to 90-100 pretty fast (closed course of course.....). Would I take it on a trip? Yes. It's plenty comfy for me. I strap a bag on the pillon every day for work, and I could put a bigger one on for a few day trip. It was on my agenda this summer until both of my teammates at work disappeared (one maternity, one retirement) leaving me covering 3 jobs all summer--and I still am due to a stupid slow hiring process!

Now a question. I really like the N650 but I have the itch. At least the bike itch is cheaper than the car or boat itch! I find the N1000 just a bit big sitting on it, even though the weight is only a few pounds more. I sat on the Z900 and it seemed OK, but I like the new GSX S 750 color scheme for 2020 the best and it sits well for me. Has anyone ridden one of those and can compare it to the N650? I am looking for a bit more pull, a bit more aggressive / corning capability, and a bike to mod just a bit. I never ride the N650 2-up, always just me. I'm thinking the N650 being a good starter bike for so many is probably at a good place to sell now in stock condition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's no clear "upgrade" path from a Ninja 650. The bikes either get heavy or sporty. CBR650, Ninja 1000, FZ6R, GSX S 750/1000, KTM 790. If it ever comes, Aprilia Tuono 660.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts