RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Suzuki M50 and am curious as to how long one can cruise at 70 mph stoping every 120 - 150 miles for fuel / food before damaging a bike. I don't have a tach or cruise control and do not race nor beat the bike. I also would like to know what my "red line" is, and what my rpm at 70 mph might be?

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Until your next scheduled maintenance. Other factors are terrain, temp, altitude, condition of your bike, how heavy a load it is hauling, etc. Take care of it, and it will take care of you.

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
Is there more to this question than what's posted? I'm not sure I understand this concern (about cruising 70 mph). I agree with TWA, unless you're like lugging the engine or something doesn't seem like there should be any concern with riding a few tank loads in a day on a trip.

The best information I found at 70 mph your engine is turning around 4k. This works out, since (insane) people running top speed test on your bike found the engine winding out at about 110-120 mph. On a 2013, peak HP (~43) comes at 5900 rpm, so this math works out. I say cruise until your butt protest. Make sure you keep an eye on oil during a trip and that sort thing. Bring a qt or two since you never know if you will be able to find motorcycle oil (or know on your routes where you can get oil).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
70mph is a comfortable speed for me. I don't seem to get passed by cars to much. My concern was whether I was placing any / too much stress on the engine over a long period of time. I will add a qt of oil in my travel bag. Thanks for research info on the rpm and oil tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts