RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to one of my wife's after work party things last night (free food) and I'm stopped at a light. This off/on road biker pulls up and starts reving his motor, I look over at him like WHAT ARE YOU DOING? The road at the light is 2 lanes but shortly after that it becomes a one lane, the light changes and the kid takes off as hard as he could. I'm now following him for about 3 miles until the road becomes two lanes again, now we are out of the city and on a divided highway. We come up on another light and the road after the light is clear and straight but this is now where I go right. I stop and have my signal on, take my right hand and wave at this kid and that's when he says

"Hey Grandpaw does that fat ugly bike even move out of it's on way?"

Knowing somethings are just wrong and not a smart move, I don't say anything back to him, start to make my turn when he revs the chainsaw up again.

I stop and straighten the bike up and now wait for the light to change. Looking off the the left I can see the light is still green for traffic turning left or right (but no traffic) once that light goes yellow I get ready and once it changed to red I left.

Everything tasted really good last night and I now have to agree with the people that eat thier dessert first, it does taste much better.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, did you beat him? :rolleyes:
It's not legal to street race. :nono:

Most drag racers will tell you that the race is either won or losted at the starting line, especially bracket racers. Snoze you lose!

If I'm not working, I'm riding my bike. If I'm not riding my bike, I'm racing my drag car. To kinda answer your question, I don't (think) a 250CC bike with a rider of about 200lbs (guessing) can run a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile faster then a MS 1600 with mods and a rider of 160.
Now I know the 250 CC style is a lite bike maybe 300 lbs but it's HP is waaay shy of a Slo-meainie's.

P.S. I was only kidding about the thinking part:agree:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts