RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened to me I crash my meanie and need to replace parts, so if anyone need/want to get rid of any of these stock parts in good condition please let me know to see if we can do business.

1. Stock headlight
2. Stock speedometer/odometer assembly
3. Stock left side (clutch assembly) chrome cover
4. OEM Mean Streak engine guards

For my fellow riders, this is how it happened so you can avoid it, I was on a twisty downhill road, found a car stop on a tight curve tried to avoid it by passing it but another car was coming so I hit the brakes on top of the double lane divider, which was recently painted very thick and the bike went on its left side, I got a scratch left forearm and a sore left leg because it was stuck under the bike but with all of that I was able to ride my bike from the accident site after readjusting the shift lever and peg.

Analyzing what happened I could have avoided both cars but I brake on the wrong spot, lesson learned stay away from lane dividers specially on twisty hilly roads.

Thanks and you can PM me with info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ, thanks will check it out.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Since you are offering advice; how about not needing to swerve into the other lane of traffic? If you would have been riding at the speed that allowed you to stop within the distance you can see you would not have had to swerve around the stopped car. Just a thought.

We take so much on faith when we are out on the road. The odds are in our favor that there won't be a stopped vehicle in a blind corner, but when it happens. :thud:

Glad you weren't seriously hurt and can learn from your experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts