RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I scratched up my bike a little bit. Is there a product I can buy for cheap that I could like slather over the big scratches and have it looking half way decent again? Like paint or something?

Also, has anybody replaced a fairing? What's the most cost effective way to do so? I saw some left-fairing replacements for ~$170 on ebay, but there's gotta be a better deal out there somewhere.

Anybody have upper-left fairing to sell? (I dont care about the color, lol)

Any recommendations on how I could cover the big gaping hole? How can I cover up the scratches? Best place to look for a new fairing?

I'm also looking for frame sliders. I live in california so I have the emission control box which seems to be a problem for the no-cut frame sliders on the 650shop. Any other recommendations? (preferrably from california users so they can confirm it works with the emission box in the way).

Also, my clutch lever seems a bit loose. Does anybody know how I can tighten it? (like the shifter, the pedal by my feet, not the lever for my hands)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dag homey bike looks pretty messed up. What exactly happened?

eBay is usally the best place for fairings, sometimes you can find em' on craigslist. But I don't seem to see that many fairings on ebay for our bikes. Ron Ayers sells 100% stock fairings but you are gonna pay a pretty penny for em. There is no cheap replacement for fairings. I know some people get their crashed fairings repainted, but those cracks/holes might be too much. Some people use bondo or some other patch material, then primer and paint. I guess it's worth taking by a paint shop to see if they can do anything.

You most likely gonna need to replace the fairings.
Goodluck

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics, but it lokos like you could use safety-wire stitches to keep that thing together where it's broken down the side. Fairing is expensive.

Er, are you saying your shift lever is loose? Post a pic.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah, like Roadstergal said, fairings aren't cheap - at all. Most of your ss bikes have fairing "kits" plastered all over eBay, but they're usually low quality and an exercise in patience to fit properly. If you want the best fix cosmetically, you'll have to shell out the cash for new OEM fairings. If you go that route, don't go through the stealership either - I did once, and got bent over and dry-f**ked with a cactus on the price. Of course, that was before I knew any better. Gary from Blue Ridge Performance sells brand new factory and aftermarket bodywork for a reasonable price: http://www.blueridgeperformance.net

In the past on my track plastics, I've repaired damage similar to what you have by getting a metal mesh (similar to dry-wall repair mesh, can be found at any hardware store), epoxying it to the back side of the fairing, and building the hole back up with either fiberglass or Bondo. You can actually make it very unnoticeable after a paint job if you take your time and sand it down right.

By clutch lever, I'm assuming you mean the shifter pedal? There's an Allen bolt that clamps the lever onto the shaft, you probably just need to loosen that and take the whole thing off, straighten if necessary, and reinstall it into an appropriate position for you. Can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's a 5mm Allen bolt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As for the frame sliders, I live in CA and they fit my bike. Just call the 650 shop up and ask if anything. Did this happen after you made the last thread "Frame sliders and the California 09 model"? If it did ouch, tough luck dude. Well, at least you're ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts